Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone just had a quick question, i have a '94 and i've been having window issues :/ both window motors i believe have gone out. they have been intermittently working, they were both stuck down, but i finally got the passenger window up, is there any way to manually put the windows up till i can get new regulator/motors?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
only by taking the inside door cover off and getting to the mechanism.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Motor Replacement

You can't really get them up without the motor working. But if you are patient and it is the motor they will eventually go up a little at a time. If the motor is really dead you may have to remove the regulator and motor which is a pain.

If its the motor, what is happening is that the motor is overheating and then stops cools down and then goes up a bit and so on. Hopefully getting up a little at a time will work.

By the way you DO NOT need to take out the regulator to replace the motor. I am a bit of a window motor replacement expert. 2 motors on a 99' pontiac firebird, 2 motors on a chevy S10, one motor on pontiac grand am, 2 motors on a 92 Z24. The one thing in common is the motor, I mean GM has been using the same piece of crap motor for years!

If you want me to post my method of replacing the motor with out removing the actuator or window let me know.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You can't really get them up without the motor working. But if you are patient and it is the motor they will eventually go up a little at a time. If the motor is really dead you may have to remove the regulator and motor which is a pain.

If its the motor, what is happening is that the motor is overheating and then stops cools down and then goes up a bit and so on. Hopefully getting up a little at a time will work.

By the way you DO NOT need to take out the regulator to replace the motor. I am a bit of a window motor replacement expert. 2 motors on a 99' pontiac firebird, 2 motors on a chevy S10, one motor on pontiac grand am, 2 motors on a 92 Z24. The one thing in common is the motor, I mean GM has been using the same piece of crap motor for years!

If you want me to post my method of replacing the motor with out removing the actuator or window let me know.
Yes, post this please. I have a friend that needs to replace the motor in his 2000 Jimmy.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
The C4 Window is very similar and the motor is the same. Once you remove the door panel I'd suggest drilling out the three holes large enough to fit a 10MM socket. Also for our motors the connection is in the bottom of the door.

You may want to consider the switch in the center console.. they go bad quite often also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts