Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a New Corvette Window Regulator from Corvette Central a 9 months ago I not been used very much mainly soon after installing it I started my motor swap and the car was not driven for 6 months.

Now it back on the road the window with the NEW Window Regulator frame is broken at the tack welds.
( Ya this my Luck whats new).

So now I have buy anouther one not to happy about this.

Where can I purchased a Good Corvette Window Regulator thats going to last more than a couple months of use.

I willn't buy anouther POS from Corvette Central again it was even on back ordered when I got it I had to wait a month for it to show up.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the Window Regulator out of the car this morning to take a better look at it welds the Side rails that broke are made Of 6061 T6.

Aluminum the tach welds that broke I drilled out the tack welds drilled them to #21 Dimpled the holes in both parts I did not want to counter sink it due to the type and thickness of the metal and Installed AD counter sink rivets.

The window works like it new now I did not think much about when I first installed the window reglator but I know the other doors is all steel.

But If I ever have replace anouther one I going to make sure it all steel next time around.

Not a hard fix but I still not to happy with the product after such a short time breaking already on me and costing $279.00 for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts