Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C5 coup that is my daily driver. The first thing I do after I start my car is to put the drivers' window down.
Living in So Cal, we have a lot of warm days, but even on the cool and cold days, I drive with the window down, and put the heater on if necessary.
I don't like driving with the windows closed, but I've noticed that 99% of the cars on the road have their windows up.
Do most people not like the fresh air and wind, and in my case, the beautiful sound of a six speed corvette?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Mines not a daily driver, but i drive it a few times a week, if its night time i will try to drive with the windows down, but its hard to talk as my car is really load.
Day time... its always hot and humid here in hawaii, so the a/c is always on.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I have a C5 coup that is my daily driver. The first thing I do after I start my car is to put the drivers' window down.
Living in So Cal, we have a lot of warm days, but even on the cool and cold days, I drive with the window down, and put the heater on if necessary.
I don't like driving with the windows closed, but I've noticed that 99% of the cars on the road have their windows up.
Do most people not like the fresh air and wind, and in my case, the beautiful sound of a six speed corvette?
Didn't you say you live in southern California??? Would not California fresh air. Be an oxymoron?:rolling::rolling:

J/K Bro I lived there for about 30 years...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I Love fresh air !

I took a ride today with both windows down ahhhhhhhhh

Before the ride in the vette I rode my mountain bike to a summit of a mountain that is 4100' above sea level with my shirt off, I live at 2800' asl

All because I love fresh cool air :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,554 Posts
If I'm alone, I'll have the window down, fully or at least partially even if it is 30* or 90*outside. Heaters and A/cs keep the inside okay

·
Registered
752 Posts
I live in Chicago, I only roll the windows down if its 50 degrees plus or I'm smokin a cig (never in the vette!).

But yea, I didn't even know I had a radio as I always listen to the vette. So its windows down in nice weather.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like to have the windows down but with the wife with me it's windows up.:crazy:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I do some of my driving in the city, so the windows stay closed for added security. On the road though, a little fresh air is nice.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Leave mine up most of the time.

Between the blowing dust and all the fallout coming over from the Mexico border, the recycled air inside the car is fresher.

·
Registered
476 Posts
well i would drive with the window open but i need to put a switch in first:lookinup:. I can here mine with the windows up or down, inside a house or a block away. For my DD i drive with the window down as much as possible but theres no way that will happen when its -24c or colder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts