Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I bought an '87 convertible that has a cell phone antenna mount on the windshield. I've never removed one of these before, and I naturally don't want to damage the windshield in the removal process. Does anyone out there know how to properly get these things off the glass?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Is that the one that has the adhesive mount?

If so, try the wifes hair dryer or a heat gun and slowly heat the underside surface. I'd either go from the edges or the inside the window.

Probably safest to start from the edges, let it melt the adhesive then slowly and gently begin to pull it away from the window.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
If you have any fishing line when it gets hot use it like dental floss and see if that helps get under the adhesive.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
If you have any fishing line when it gets hot use it like dental floss and see if that helps get under the adhesive.
Thanks Steve. I forgot that part. Excellent tip:thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I worked for a cell phone company for years as an installer, and we always just pryed them off carefully with a flat screwdriver. Just carefully slide it under the antenna mount and gently pry it off. As long as your careful, it will be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts