Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning in my new DD with all of 118 miles on it a rock/stone hits my windshield. I've been driving for 40 years and never had this happen. So why not when I'm in a brand new car? Anyway, it left a very small surface chip like a 32nd in diameter. My questions are has anyone had experience with getting a chip repaired? Does it work? And anyone know a good place in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
We have had several repaired, works great the guaranty it for life. Cheaper then a new windshield...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had one about 3 weeks ago, and Safelite did the repair that same day in about 20 minutes. They did a fantastic job.

I have had a couple of chips on the Yukon fixed in the past, and it sure beats the chip spreading into a crack with this Houston heat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I talked to the bodyshop manager where I bought the car and he said that sometimes the chip is so small the repair doesn't take. Safelite is available and not too far. I'm going to look into it and see what they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts