Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's that time of year again. White on the ground, frost in the air. And of course, this means...No Vette Driving!!!

But this is not all bad. During good weather, I have a hard time working on her and wasting good driving time. So, this is bad driving weather, and there's nothing to do but work on the Vette. :D

So what do you guys have planned?

For me...

I just replaced my mid-exaust bracket assembly, I need to fix the rear bumper, repaint the t-tops (just a minor scratch :(), and work on the middle console and the 8-track player (going too fast).

What about you?

Stallion

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm making arrangements to put an 700R OD tranny in. And right now I have the front bumper and grills out. I'm replacing the broken front spoiler with an aluminum piece.

Let's see......I have a filter relocation kit on the shelf, and I should order new weather stripping.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
AlwaysWave said:
I'm making arrangements to put an 700R OD tranny in. And right now I have the front bumper and grills out. I'm replacing the broken front spoiler with an aluminum piece.

Let's see......I have a filter relocation kit on the shelf, and I should order new weather stripping.
Is the wife's C4 fixed yet?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Is the wife's C4 fixed yet?
nope, still in the shop. Guess what, Allstate underquoted the fix by nearly $3500.

The hood, which was cracked through in two places is being patched. Not what I wanted. But....I already have a gaurantee from the shop that if the hood fix doesn't turn out, they will replace it, for as long as we own the car.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Starting next week my interior is coming out. I have a dash harness and rear light harness going in. Then the car is going for paint. While it is gone, I am going to try to recover the seats myself. When it comes back home, it will have a new interior installed. Pretty ambitious, for myself anyway. I hope I can get it all done before spring driving season gets here.

Wish me luck.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Stallion said:
work on the middle console and the 8-track player (going too fast).

What about you?

Stallion

You really have an 8 track player? Do you have any good music to listen to on it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Winter C3 Projects...

raidmagic said:
You really have an 8 track player? Do you have any good music to listen to on it?
Yeah, man. I have great music. I'm a young guy, but I think that the 60s and 70s produced the greatest stuff. I have Dooby Brothers, Grateful Dead, Boston, and a bunch of other tracks. It's great! :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Finishing up my flares,get the c5 seats mounted in and new carpets.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I can still drive mine, It's pretty nice weather here in Florida but she's getting new paint, sidepipes, freshining up the bottom end, new heads, intake, cam and carb. unless I get that engine from 69myway .... if i do I'll hop that engine up and install it....Roll bar, newer seats, rear end gear change, front spoiler, new top (mine's ok I just HATE white tops) ..... Damn that's alot of work, I better get busy!!!! this is going to take awhile to finance!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you got a lot on your plate, JCswm. ;) Have fun with that, though. Looks like you are really going to beef her up. :D

Good luck!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've been collecting parts for my '69 convertable so far this winter and when the snow goes away its getting a few goodies put on it. It came with the l-46 high performance 350 engine with 350 horse power and the previous owner put in a competition cam, free flow dual 3" stainless exhaust and roller rockers. Heres the list of parts ive managed to get for it now: Edelbrock RPM polished intake manifold, stewart high flow water pump and high flow low temp thermostat, new fan clutch, petronix HEI distributor, K&N X-stream air filter, and soon to come are new carb. w/electronic choke and new edelbrock RPM series cylinder heads:partyon: Is there anything else I could do to get more ponies out of it while keeping it somewhat easy to drive? Thank a lot!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Winter C3 Projects

I'm going to try to get my brakes and bearings repaired/replaced. Not too sure if I want to tackle the rear arms yet. I've had my 79 for almost a year now and had to have the A/C totally replaced ( ouch) , had to get an new radiator ( wasn't repairable) and just to clean up the interior, I bought new seats from Al Knoch at last summers Corvettes at Carlisle. Ahh, what a money pit, but what a joy to drive.

·
Registered
0 Posts
AlwaysWave said:
nope, still in the shop. Guess what, Allstate underquoted the fix by nearly $3500.

The hood, which was cracked through in two places is being patched. Not what I wanted. But....I already have a gaurantee from the shop that if the hood fix doesn't turn out, they will replace it, for as long as we own the car.
I would say NO to repairing the hood! You will see flaws a year later...I did repairs on my hood that looked perfect & 1 year later you can see them.:( I will be buying a new hood in the future!:whip:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I installed front and rear coil overs. Both front and rear use 5 inch travel Pro Shocks with 250 pound springs on the back and 350 pound springs on the front.
It involves alot of cutting/fabricating/welding. The rears require a new mount welded to the trailing arms so they should be removed.
The front requires the spring pockets both top and bottom be cut out and new mount welded in.
With the 5 inch travel shocks I am getting 7 inches of wheel travel.
I also eliminated the bump steer. Most vets are in the inch range over full travel and I was at .025 total bump over 7 inches and I will do even better on final assembly.
Something all of you should be looking at is the channels where the lower A arms bolt onto. These channels are only tack welded to the crossmember and are all in need of full welding and gusseting. I have seen pictures over the last few days of some really scarry mounts that are pulling off the frame.
Also look at the linkage on the sway bars. They totally bind when moving the suspension through it's range of travel. I built new mounts for mine and run heim joints top and bottom.
I could go on about the problems with the C3 frame but unless someone is really interested and willing to spend alot of time welding/gusseting it is a waste of our time.

Anyone really interested in problems with our frames email me personally and I will give you more information on this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts