Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got myself a rebuilt wiper motor and am wondering how it is hooked up to the wires. i have the 3 pin connector that i assume is a ground, high and low. i get 12 volts to the two hot pins. then there is a female connector that is bolted to the washer pump housing. i have no idea what plugs into this. then there is the heavy guage red wire that comes from the door open switch. where does this go?
lastly, should the motor move when given a ground, and hooked directly to a 12V source?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I recently put a rebuild wiper motor on the vette.

3 pin connector: Blue wires go to your wiper switch inside. 2 blue wires, 1 black = low, high, ground.

The female connector that comes out of the motor I believe is black? This is a ground. Yes, if you ground the motor is will run. The motor is set up to always have power, the motors runs when a ground is provided. 12V is counterintuitive if you are thinking about how your house is wired.

I'll try to take a couple pics this evening and show you what I did. It may be difficult to see some things as the wire harness is tucked behind the wiper motor.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts