Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Coupe...wipers stopped working all of a sudden. Turned off then on with no results several times. Shut the car down and restarted and now they are working. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
298 Posts
wipers causing problems

HI! I have a simuliar problem. The dealer want work on them because both times I took my 07 coupe in they were working . Mine do not work in the rain. I discovered that if I hit a bump or ran over the bumps on the side of the road they would start to work for a few minutes. I checked the fuses and pushed them in hard. I don't make it a habit to drive in the rain so I'm not sure if they are fixed for good. Check out the fuses and push them in like I did, might help, GOOD LUCK..... WJC:cheers:

·
Registered
2021 Eighth Generation 3LT Z51 Coupe
17 Posts
HI! I have a simuliar problem. The dealer want work on them because both times I took my 07 coupe in they were working . Mine do not work in the rain. I discovered that if I hit a bump or ran over the bumps on the side of the road they would start to work for a few minutes. I checked the fuses and pushed them in hard. I don't make it a habit to drive in the rain so I'm not sure if they are fixed for good. Check out the fuses and push them in like I did, might help, GOOD LUCK..... WJC:cheers:
There may be a problem with a ground. Check or have the dealer check all the ground points. If it is a ground issue, you will start seeing other electrical issues as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Someone I knew had a similar problem. They wound up replacing the stalk and wiper motor under warranty since it's a common problem in earlier C6 years but not so much the 07.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I don't make it a habit to drive in the rain so I'm not sure if they are fixed for good. Check out the fuses and push them in like I did, might help, GOOD LUCK..... WJC:cheers:

Your car must be getting plenty of rest then...I have been home for 2 weeks and it has literally rained every single day. WHEN WILL IT END!!!

good luck with the wipers:cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Another wiper problem Vette

PLENTY OF RAIN X AND UNDERSTANDING LAW OFFICERS...HA HA.... really I don't intend on driving it in the rain to begin with but you are right rain every day down here. Service Chevorlet has been a horses ass about my problem. They will not take it in unless its not working. It only gives me trouble in the rain. Thats where rain X gets me home. I don't know what to do, maybe another dealer. I'm used to the dealers in NOLA. Might take a ride there. Service writer had the balls to ask why I did not buy from them. Take care Larry....:cheers:

·
Registered
121 Posts
When a service department asks me if I bought the car from them, the first thing out of my mouth is "Why does it matter?".

They can figure out in GMVIS where I got the car from, I don't know why they even bother asking. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wipers Don't work in the Rain

I think the service writer that I had to talk to was trying to make a point. I never found out what that point was. That dealers salesman wanted MSRP sticker price. I bought from Kerbecks and saved $8,500. I still have the Kerbecks Sticker on the passenger side window and the Kerbeck license plate cover. The local corvette club is sponsered by this dealer, makes me wonder just how serious they are about corvette support. I plan on trying another dealer, in the mean time I may just wait until its raining and drive into the service bay. That might work....:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts