Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my youngest sons computer is saying a wireless network connection is not connected, on his netbook, but my others son netbook works, any ideas, i do not know what he has done

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
my youngest sons computer is saying a wireless network connection is not connected, on his netbook, but my others son netbook works, any ideas, i do not know what he has done
Give him a Heinekein,he'll forget about soon...:laughing:

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
go to the little network icon (wireless network connections icon) on the lower right hand side of your screen. It looks like a little PC, with a blinking screen.. if there is no connection it usually displays a red 'x' on the icon.

Then right click on it and choose 'Repair'

Make sure to stand with the laptop in the same room as the network router, so it gets a strong signal.

let me know if that works.. It happens sometimes..

·
Only green will do...
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did it work before?
How long?
Since he has owned it, supposedely my son used someone elses Internet connection on my other sons computer because he got banned for a game for a month, but it had nothing to dso with his computer, and i also disconnected the cable into the modem and recoonected it , and it seemed as though it worked fine until last night.

·
Only green will do...
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
go to the little network icon (wireless network connections icon) on the lower right hand side of your screen. It looks like a little PC, with a blinking screen.. if there is no connection it usually displays a red 'x' on the icon.

Then right click on it and choose 'Repair'

Make sure to stand with the laptop in the same room as the network router, so it gets a strong signal.

let me know if that works.. It happens sometimes..
Itried , no luck, but i am not sure what he did with it

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
On the back of the modem is a tiny little reset switch ... use a paper clip to press it ... this will reset the modem so to allow the wireless router to *talk* to it ...

·
Only green will do...
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the back of the modem is a tiny little reset switch ... use a paper clip to press it ... this will reset the modem so to allow the wireless router to *talk* to it ...
thanks, but is there anything you can lead me too, its a laptop, and it has a small opening in the back of it, i do not see a reset anywere at all,:D

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
thanks, but is there anything you can lead me too, its a laptop, and it has a small opening in the back of it, i do not see a reset anywere at all,:D
What's the make and model of the Laptop and are you using any external communications peripherals connected to the Laptop ?

·
Only green will do...
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am using NETGEAR router, its working fine on a laptop, and a computer using that thing you plug into it, i think its called ubs, its just this one computer that i cannot get the signal connected to,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sometimes computers are set up with multiple ways to connect to a network. With a windows machine there is always the windows network utility and sometimes the manufacturer will include another utility such as intel pro-set. If you click on start/ connect to/ wireless network connection/ view wireless networks you can see if the Windows utility is active. If windows is not the primary network utility you will see a message in the box that says Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you see this message you need to find the utility that your computer is using to connect to the wireless network. Usually there is an icon in the lower right of the screen, if you hover over each one with the cursor you should be able to tell. If you right click on the icon you should see some details about your options to connect, disconnect or repair the connection. Give this a shot and see if it works. I am assuming you are running Windows XP.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts