Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me who makes aftermarket wiring harnesses for an 84 ? Checked GM websites and had no luck. Was about to chase down the faulty wire and/or connection, and realized two things, 1. The other wires are not in any better condition. And 2. I am not planning on getting rid of her any time soon. I figured I'd just fix it right and get it over with. (one less prob to worry about later) Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx :lookinup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff, I'll look into it. I know painless makes various universal harnesses for GM. I thought I might just get lucky enough to find a "plug and play" that would not require any mods. will check it out though. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Hey tormek, I see your from Kissimmee, ever go over to old town. I'm in Plant City and make it over there occasionally. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having dropped an LT4 into my '84, it took parts of both Harnesses grafted together to make an appropriate wiring system. As I race SCCA Autocross, one of the technicalities of the rules requires me to carry an "unmolested" original harness.
I found it on Ebay for $50.00.
At the time I was looking there were at least three that week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts