Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the compromise floated by Walker and detailed in the e-mails, workers would be able to continue bargaining over their salaries with no limit, a change from his original plan that banned negotiated salary increases beyond inflation. He also proposed compromises allowing collective bargaining to stay in place on mandatory overtime, performance bonuses, hazardous duty pay and classroom size for teachers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wisco...lYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDd2lzZ292cHJvcG9z

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
yup, he is officially a RINO and will most likely not be re-elected because of it. Selling out just to please the power hungry union..../shame

considering my taxes are now going to skyrocket, i think its time to change my state of residence....considering WI has the 4th highest state taxes to bein with, it will have a devistating effect on the economy

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I hope this is nothing but a ploy to get the Dems to return. Would he not have to roll out a new bill ? How will the majority vote on that bill ? More then a few careers are at stake with this vote.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
This is what happens when you govern for the polls. He sees his numbers falling he sees his negatives going up so he caves to get them back up. This guy has been an amature from day one, and this move is just another amature move. Does he think the people against him will now support him? Does he think those that supported him when he took his original stand will support him now? This guy is toast. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Proof will be in the pudding, I am holding out untill a Bill is provided with these "concessions" in it, until then spin baby spin :surprised

Like I posted this before, It has to happen at the State level before it will happen at the local level. This State has alot of cutting that has to happen and I can pretty much say none of it will be pleasent. Some time down the road people will have to figure it out that a Government job will no longer pay as well as a private sector job simple:lookinup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
:rolling:

Walker flinched first. :rolling:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
This is what happens when you govern for the polls. He sees his numbers falling he sees his negatives going up so he caves to get them back up. This guy has been an amature from day one, and this move is just another amature move. Does he think the people against him will now support him? Does he think those that supported him when he took his original stand will support him now? This guy is toast. :crazy:
I guess your swing was alittle wide on this one being Walker and boys passed their bill last night:lookinup:

Now sit back and listen to the 14 missing Democrats (Obsructionist) claim that democracy has been hijacked :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I guess your swing was alittle wide on this one being Walker and boys passed their bill last night:lookinup:

Now sit back and listen to the 14 missing Democrats (Obsructionist) claim that democracy has been hijacked :laughing:
:thumbsup::laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Compromise Eh? :lookinup:

Will the Libbys return from IL now? :laughing:

:nuts:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Anyone else find it amusing that no matter what the party or group, they claim to be the sole spokespeople of "the middle class"?:huh:

I say Way to go for the Wi. Republicans, they were sent there to do a job and they did it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Anyone else find it amusing that no matter what the party or group, they claim to be the sole spokespeople of "the middle class"?:huh:

I say Way to go for the Wi. Republicans, they were sent there to do a job and they did it.
:agree:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41996994/ns/politics-more_politics/

Wis. governor officially cuts collective bargaining

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has officially taken away nearly all collective bargaining rights from the vast majority of the state's public employees.

Walker signed the bill to do so privately Friday morning. He planned an afternoon news conference in the Capitol.

The Wisconsin law will take effect the day after it is published by the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State has 10 days from the signing, excluding signings, to publish it.

Walker says bill will save $30M in budget year; union leaders plan to launch counterattack

"Compromise" :rolling:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41996994/ns/politics-more_politics/

Wis. governor officially cuts collective bargaining

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has officially taken away nearly all collective bargaining rights from the vast majority of the state's public employees.

Walker signed the bill to do so privately Friday morning. He planned an afternoon news conference in the Capitol.

The Wisconsin law will take effect the day after it is published by the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State has 10 days from the signing, excluding signings, to publish it.

Walker says bill will save $30M in budget year; union leaders plan to launch counterattack

"Compromise" :rolling:
I hope the unions shut the state down. Maybe then the politicians will realize you can continue to F--k the working man. I know some of you disagree,but your wrong. Unions are needed more now than ever. The divide between the middle class and poverty is growing smaller all the time meanwhile the republicans and big business get richer.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
My ideologically alter-ego-ed, brother! :laughing:

How you been, brother ?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I hope the unions shut the state down. Maybe then the politicians will realize you can continue to F--k the working man.
I hope the Gov fires everyone who goes on strike. Maybe then the union workers won't think this is Greece.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts