Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update - Update -- Wish Us Luck !

Barb & I found a good looking coupe to trade the vert against. Been looking for some time for the right one... this one may be it ! 2002, a4, MY, well dressed, low miles, no mods. Going to see it tomorrow morning. I let you all know how it goes (went) on Monday.
kent

See below for inspection and road test
kent

- - - - - - - - - - - -
:excited: UPDATE :excited: UPDATE :excited: UPDATE :excited:

Found her a torch red coupe. 2004. well dressed. 8801 miles. One owner. Garage kept. Going to see it Friday morning (8/17). Will advise next week.

kent

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WE Looked at it!!

Saturday morning we looked at the 02. Nice car. Better than average used (IMO).

Walk around..... Interior looks new as delivered. Body great, no marks. Paint good, no scratches or chips but need a good polish & wax. Engine bay very clean. Tires worn even, no edging or feathering. All brake pads even. Rotors good. 17,079 miles. Body color roof panel only, small area of thin paint on very front edge about 4 inched in from pass. side. Polished thin spoked wheels showing some dulling, but no curb rash. All lights ok. Radio/CD fine. Displays bright, no flicker. All accessoris ok. Memory 1 & 2 ok.

ONE SMALL PROBLEM... maybe.... Looks like road tar was never cleaned off the under sills and allowed to buildup on the M. Yellow paint. Some spots are hardened that my thumb nail would not mark into it...... Is the paint stained and discolored for life???? What is a good way to soften and remove this buildup ????

Road test... Engine cold, fired smooth with just bumping the key. All sysems operating as designed. AC cold. Did some slow speed "Nascar" weaving on clear street. No body roll, creeking, or rattling... Solid. Transmission shifted very smooth and soft under light driving. With 5 miles warm up, on the express way entrance ramp, I punched the throttle. It down shifted to first. When it went into second, it was the most solid, quick shift I have ever felt in an automatic. Way better that our coupe or vert. (Did GM improve the A4 from 98 to 02?) The road test was good... I give it a 99 out of 100..... (I don't know what a 100 is ! )

Told them I would call on Tuesday noon on our decision.

What say you??
kent

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
I say it sounds really good! Stoner's makes a really good bug and tar remover and you should be able to get a can at Auto Zone or Advance. Maybe buy a can before you go and take along a rag. I doubt if the owner would object to you trying a bit on a small spot. But if that's the only problem with the car, I'd still buy it. Sounds good Kent. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barb's driving me nutzzzzzzzzzz........ She got cold feet and flip-flopped on me. She wanted bright color...T Red or M Yellow coupe. I found the M Yellow for her. Now she wants only T Red..............:bang :bang :bang

kent

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Barb's driving me nutzzzzzzzzzz........ She got cold feet and flip-flopped on me. She wanted bright color...T Red or M Yellow coupe. I found the M Yellow for her. Now she wants only T Red..............:bang :bang :bang

kent
ditch the wife and get what color you want:laughing:

just kidding trust me you wont be dissapointed with the red:cheers:

·
Only green will do...
18,402 Posts
good luck buddy post pics when you have happy JULY 4th:thumbsup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

kent
:excited: UPDATE :excited: UPDATE :excited: UPDATE :excited:
Found her a torch red coupe. 2004. well dressed. 8801 miles. One owner. Garage kept. Going to see it Friday morning (8/17). Will advise next week.

kent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts