Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/07/06/women-will-rule-the-world.html

When historians write about the great recession of 2007–08, they may very well have a new name for it: the Mancession. It’s a term already being bandied about in the popular media as business writers chronicle the sad tales of the main victims of the recession: men. They were disproportionately represented in the industries hit hardest during the downturn, including financial services, manufacturing, and construction, and their higher salaries often put them first in the line of fire. Men are the victims of two thirds of the 11 million jobs lost since the recession began in 2007; in August 2009, when U.S. male unemployment stood at 11 percent (versus 8.3 for women), it was the largest unemployment gender gap in the postwar era. Those numbers have improved, a bit—new unemployment figures show men at 9.9 percent and women at 7.8—but not enough to stop Larry Summers, the president’s top economic adviser, from speculating recently, that “when the economy recovers, five years from now, one in six men who are 25 to 54 will not be working.”

Robert Nickelsberg / Getty Images
Click to view a gallery of secure jobs for the next decade.
If they are lucky, they’ll have wives who can take care of them. American women are already the breadwinners or co-breadwinners in two thirds of American households; in the European Union, women filled 75 percent of the 8 million new jobs created since 2000. Even with the pay gap factored into the equation, economists predict that by 2024, the average woman in the U.S. and a number of rich European countries will outearn the average man. And she’ll be spending that money: as a new book on female economic power, Influence, points out, American women are responsible for 83 percent of all consumer purchases; they hold 89 percent of U.S. bank accounts, 51 percent of all personal wealth, and are worth more than $5 trillion in consumer spending power—larger than the entire Japanese economy. On a global level, women are the biggest emerging market in the history of the planet—more than twice the size of India and China combined. It’s a seismic change, and by all indications it will continue: of the 15 job categories expected to grow the most in the next decade, all but two are filled primarily by women.

It’s not hard to imagine that such a drastic shift has forced multinational corporations to take note—and ensure their products and services appeal to female consumers. But there are more important implications as well, like the reality that, because it’s women, not men, who are starting businesses on their own, it will be women, not men, who will one day employ a majority of workers. As with most trends involving female empowerment, the shift has begun in the U.S., and is emanating outward. Between 1997 and 2002, female-led firms grew by nearly 20 percent, while overall firms grew by just 7 percent; by 2005, women represented more than a third of people involved in entrepreneurial activity, and the number of women-owned firms continues to grow at twice the rate of all U.S. firms. Indeed, it’s not a leap to say that female entrepreneurship may help revive the fortunes of the middle class in the developed world."

Page 1 of 4.

Read on....

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Ummm, does anyone here understand that women already rule the world??? About 48 hours after his last sexual encounter, a man will do pretty much anything to get "relieved". Women know that power and wield it with confidence. Sorry to say it, gentlemen, but Women Rule. :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ummm, does anyone here understand that women already rule the world??? About 48 hours after his last sexual encounter, a man will do pretty much anything to get "relieved". Women know that power and wield it with confidence. Sorry to say it, gentlemen, but Women Rule. :D
I agree, most guys don't get it. Man might be stronger but women have the power.:partyon:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weeemens of the world.....

I wish to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuule youuuuuuuuuuuu!

:laughing:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
:agree: If it wasn't for woman the peramids would have never been buildt. think about it, somebody's woman said if you want some again build me a peramid :D

Somebody's wife said if you want more, bring me back a moon rock :smack the rest is history :surprised

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:agree: If it wasn't for woman the peramids would have never been buildt. think about it, somebody's woman said if you want some again build me a peramid :D
:lookinup:

bad analogy...

Nefertiti threw it all away for a dirt poor impisoned slave jewish homeless penis.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Give me a sugar-mama for whom I will stay home to cook and clean, give her the big-O when she needs. In return she can have high blood pressure, ulcers, and die early from a heart attack, and leave me all of the money she worked hard for.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:lookinup:

bad analogy...

Nefertiti threw it all away for a dirt poor impisoned slave jewish homeless penis.

Must've been some penis...:surprised
"Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me..."

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Weeemens of the world.....

I wish to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuule youuuuuuuuuuuu!

Actually, when a plankton farts, it farts oxygen, so they actually DO rule the world. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
If anyone says the word "Mancession" within my arms reach will get slapped.:spanked:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If anyone says the word "Mancession" within my arms reach will get slapped.:spanked:
What about man boobs? (not manboobs) one is a man who doesn't have a clear thought and the other is just not right :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts