Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You guys wonder why Porsche and BMW owners think Corvette owners are from a lower class of car enthusiasts maybe this photo tells us why. When the Plant Manager of what I consider the "Flag Ship" car from GM does this to the car should we wonder why? I was at Carlisle Friday and witnessed this well I call it a disgrace of the ZO6. Was there a doubt in anyone’s mind that a 500hp car could not smoke the tires to a point that they would blow out? Maybe GM should use this photo in a marketing campaign to increase sales to those people who need proof of the power of the ZO6. After the burn-out “show” they rushed the car to the GM tent to "tear" the fender off the car. The intention was to have Wil Cooksey sign it and then auction it off. I don't know what it brought, if anything, I was too disgusted to watch. It would be interesting to know how Wil's employees feel about what he did to one of their cars. I was fortunate enough to experience the Buyers Tour in April to see my Z being built. Through out the 4hr tour I spoke to many line workers. These people take great pride in the building these cars. They also make it a point to thank you for buying one. Chip Miller the ultimate Corvette enthusiast must have rolled over in his grave. Has Carlisle turned into a "TUNER EVENT" ????? Can we expect girls in a whip cream pit next year???

·
Read Only
575 Posts
The burn out contests are for entertainment! Watching a brand new extremely powerful car do a huge smokey destructive burnout is VERY entertaining! So the car need a set of tires and a fender.....SO WHAT! Hell, I would take the hit on a fender and tires for that kind of entertainment!
I'm guessing your one of those old guys who drives his Z in the slow lane on the freeway at 50 mph........ All you want to do is look down at everyone who is trying to have fun and stick your big nose in the air and ruin everyones good time! Your what's known as a "Fat Linda" A Fat Linda is that person who is so unhappy with her own self all the time that she won't let anyone around her have a good time or even smile without trying to ruin the fun. They complain about everything and of course everything, including a HUGE burnout, offends them.

Oh and by the way, Fat Linda, I think a whip cream Bikini party would be an excellent idea!! It would be very entertaining and fun! However, I would recommend you not showing up to the event....because everyone else having a good time is going to offend you!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes, what a disgrace to treat a sports car as such :laughing:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

You guys wonder why Porsche and BMW owners think Corvette owners are from a lower class of car enthusiasts maybe this photo tells us why. When the Plant Manager of what I consider the "Flag Ship" car from GM does this to the car should we wonder why? I was at Carlisle Friday and witnessed this well I call it a disgrace of the ZO6. Was there a doubt in anyone’s mind that a 500hp car could not smoke the tires to a point that they would blow out? Maybe GM should use this photo in a marketing campaign to increase sales to those people who need proof of the power of the ZO6. After the burn-out “show” they rushed the car to the GM tent to "tear" the fender off the car. The intention was to have Wil Cooksey sign it and then auction it off. I don't know what it brought, if anything, I was too disgusted to watch. It would be interesting to know how Wil's employees feel about what he did to one of their cars. I was fortunate enough to experience the Buyers Tour in April to see my Z being built. Through out the 4hr tour I spoke to many line workers. These people take great pride in the building these cars. They also make it a point to thank you for buying one. Chip Miller the ultimate Corvette enthusiast must have rolled over in his grave. Has Carlisle turned into a "TUNER EVENT" ????? Can we expect girls in a whip cream pit next year???
GET a ****ing grip, how else do you beat the DC Z in a burnout contest? I'll tell ya, hire John Force! Go Pat!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey complainer, have you ever done a burnout? Try it. It's fun :partyon:

porsche and bmw owners have a problem with Corvettes and thier owners because our cars can smoke thier cars for a fraction of the price. While they are making those big payments, we can burn up tires and smile. :laughing:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rashafaa,
I guess you would also be entertained attending ZO6 demolition derbies or maybe competing in tractor pulls??

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Rashafaa,
I guess you would also be entertained attending ZO6 demolition derbies or maybe competing in tractor pulls??
Being from York, I'm sure you could certainly educate us, couldn't you?:crazy:

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Rashafaa,
Dude, are you serious???? Have you ever been to a tractor pull? This might make me sound like a red neck but.....Tractor Pulls are the ****!! They are a whole lot of fun......you know what else, these tractors are faster than your Z!!!! hahaha Some of these things have up to 5 blown big blocks on one single tractor! How could any car enthusiast not be entertained by this!!!

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Thats it i am taking out my plymouth voyager van a 1995 and going to burn the tires i want to be a part of the crew:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rashafaa,
You don’t get, I bought a Z for what it is a fast powerful car. I do "DRIVE LIKE I STOLE IT” That said, why would you destroy it to please some idiots in a grand stand????? Oh by the way "dude", in what row were you seated?????

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it to much.... The Beemer and Porsche guys have their noses so high in the air....
they probably didn't notice the damage. They're waaaay to busy competing with each other
to notice the nonsensical fun that we have. Why worry what they think anyway.
If you plop down the silly cash they put out.... they'll hate you for having something newer then they have anyway.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
130 Posts
its funny because us americans have a car that can smoke their cars and even after the base price of the Z and the mechanic's bill for fixing all that fender damage it still costs a fraction of the price of their cars...so we can afford to do that, and its hella fun!!!!:partyon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts