Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirs, I have an electrical problem. Any help would be appreciated as I'm in over my head. For example, I didn't know what a relay was a week ago, but have made a tester and bought a multimeter since.

2004 C5 Coupe, manual tranny
Got broken into during a rain shower. Passenger footwell got wet. Starter doesn't turn, windows, radio, hatch don't function. Battery is good, the rest works.

Had it towed to dealer, they said the passenger kick panel fusebox is bad, but they refused the work. I brought it there once before for an oil change, but they had me drive it around because nobody on staff could drive a manual. My level of confidence in them is not great.

I unhooked the battery and dried the car out. I cleaned and tested the relays, and tested the fuses. Car started, everything electrical worked. Had the yellow SECURITY dash light on. Shut it off. Started again, no SECURITY light. I drove it to work. After work, problem returned. Right now, I've got the battery disconnected in hopes I can restart it in half an hour after the BCM does some nonsense I read about online. Worth a try over getting it towed a third and likely fourth time.

Bad BCM?

The car has these other issues: broken cruise control, reports low oil pressure on start, broken active handling. Maybe I'll fix those some day.

Here are my codes:
---10-PCM---
P1626 H
---28-TCS---
C1287 H
C1288 H
U1000 H
---40-BCM---
No comm.
---58-SDM---
U1000 H C
U1016 H
U1040 H
U1064 H C
---60-IPC---
U1040 H
U1176 H C
U1160 H C
---80-Radio---
U1064 H
---99-hvac---
No comm.
---A0-LDCM---
B2282 H
B2286 H
B2284 H
U1064 H
---A1-RDCM---
B2283 H
B2287 H
B2285 H
U1064 H
---B0-RFA---
U1064 H
U1255 H
Two turtle doves
Partridge in a pear tree

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got her home! I reconnected the battery after 40min, opened the door, the alarm went off, I started it, and drove home.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Two turtle doves
Partridge in a pear tree
:smack:smack:smack

In reality. No communication at the body control module doesn't look like a good thing. Didi you check what each of those codes mean?

A partial list is HERE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you with this?
I got it to drive a few times, and then it died back the same way as it originally did.

I used a multimeter and a power supply and poked around. I could find no problem with the fuse box that the Chevy Stealership told me was the culprit. To me, it had to be the BCM, which is a black box to me.

I took it to a local place, Automotive Elecric Diagnostics. He came to the same conclusion and sent thr BCM out to somebody that refurbs them. The BCM didn't take well to refurb attempts and was replaced with a refurbed unit. I confirmed that myself and small shops are far superior to stealerships that have every fancy tool any of us would die to own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts