Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you all are aware of the fires/smoke plagueing the NE Florida region...swamps burning, CAT ASS TROPHIC loss of timber/etc.....

the rainfall has been VERY light,

so, finally after cutting, fitting, installing, grinding, modding, the up and over air induction on my '72 here.....

I decide to take a break....and WASH THE DAMN THING.....

first time in about 4-6 months.....

SO, i'ts outside a wiped off and looking decent, not slick, just decently respectable from 20' and 20 mph.....

and it FREEKING RAINS for about 5 minits.....

I about ****!!!!!

methinks for the good of the country/area I need pull it out again and sacrifice my ride to the Gods of rain.....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What are you saying Gene???? That you can make it rain???
Mine hasn't been washed with water either in at least 6 months.
Took it to the first car show this past May 24 weekend and a big one is comming up this saturday.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you saying Gene???? That you can make it rain???
Mine hasn't been washed with water either in at least 6 months.
Took it to the first car show this past May 24 weekend and a big one is comming up this saturday.

Garage queen can't tip toe through the snow flakes......;-)))

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Our '02 Z sits in the garage, exhausted, battered, scar'd, cracked nose, brake dust colored wheels, bug splats all over the nose, road rash everywhere including the windshield, rubber chunks on body, destroyed ABS, decals all over it -- under the track grime, nasty looking exhaust pipes, and duct tape holding the driver/passenger window stripping on.

This does not motivate me in the least to wash it. :laughing:

Now, if an ostrich took a crap on the hood, I'd wash the car then. For some reason it just looks great right now as it is.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Way to do your part for the ecology Mrvette...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Our '02 Z sits in the garage, exhausted, battered, scar'd, cracked nose, brake dust colored wheels, bug splats all over the nose, road rash everywhere including the windshield, rubber chunks on body, destroyed ABS, decals all over it -- under the track grime, nasty looking exhaust pipes, and duct tape holding the driver/passenger window stripping on.

Now, if an ostrich took a crap on the hood, I'd wash the car then. For some reason it just looks great right now as it is.
Wash it hell where is Spiderpat with his sandpaper when you need him...:rolling:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 4 wheel drive truck and a studded horse for the snow. No need to take the vet out. Doesn't have a heater anyway.

It's CANADA for Christsakes, Strider and the vette sleep under the same I freeking Dentical electric blankets......;-)))

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

That would bug me. At the race shop they wash and refresh the paint on the 3 race cars almost weekly.
They attend the races with a nice clean looking car regardless of what it takes.
Some times they come home with not a single body panel intact and yet $2000 and a week later they attend the next race in the series with a spotless car

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It's CANADA for Christsakes, Strider and the vette sleep under the same I freeking Dentical electric blankets......;-)))

Gene I retired Strider and started a new 4 year old Shadow. Strider turned 22 last week and after putting more then 30,000 hard miles on him I let him retire, same stall, same field, same friends and hopefully he will live out the next 13 years in comfort.
I plan on retireing in the next 5 years and I want a new younger guy trained , conditioned and ready to run when I do retire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts