Nothing to do with them working or not, it's about how they'll work and what else I'll have to do. The Z51s rode 3/4" lower than the base from the factory. I've also read enough accounts on the forums of folks switching to the Z51 shocks and noticing a rise in ride height change. That was just a small annoyance I considered along the way. The main issue simply was the "Z51" stiffness. Enough for me to know that I'll stick with what's worked and what the car came with, the base shocks.
I didn't mean to imply that you thought they wouldn't work - that was just the easiest way for me to express my question.
However, since you got the FE1 shocks, will you perform a short experiment for me before you do the installation?
Take your new shocks, and make them go through a full motion (ie, from full extension to full travel), then measure the force you need to exert to make them move through that range of motion. I did this by taking a piece of wood, zeroing out my bathroom scale, and then slowly moving the shock through its range of travel. You should find that it can be done with a relatively steady force. With the Z51 Bilsteins, I found I could do this with an average force of about 70 - 72 pounds. I'd like to see if the FE1 shocks have the same force requirement as the Z51 shocks.
I found that my old shocks had an average force of about 40 pounds, and when I was finished, I did see a pretty impressive change in ride height, but it essentially went away after I drove around for about 20 minutes.
I'm interested to see what you find with your new shocks.