Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have entered the Zaino zone.....I know..Adams vs. Zaino...I do like what I see....

What do you recommend for cleaning the removable (non-painted) see-thru top? I guess it is acrylic of some kind... What are you cleaning it with? Are you waxing it with any Zaino or other product?

Also- I got an '06 kit to install the underhood light.... Got everything mounted, but WHERE does the pigtail plug in on the '07.... Has anyone done this mod- and can you give me a pointer....

It's all good.... Found a great twisty this morning to crank up the "G" meter on the HUD....

Thanks for your help in advance!

BRUCE

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Don't use Zaino but friends that use Adam's and Maguire's use the same wax process on thier acrylic top as the body. A foundation wax and follow up cleanings with detail spray. I do not know if you can do the same with Zaino.

:cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use Castle PLEXO anti static plastic glass cleaner on my top. It works fairly well. I am not an expert but I would avoid putting any sort of wax on the top that has cleaners in it. Diamondite has something specifically for plastic that may be worth looking at.

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Followed Adam's Video - applied and removed Adam's butter wax with the Porter Cable. Fast and ... Wow. Top is Polycarbinate - much, much harder than Acrylic. Make sure it's VERY clean then use Adam's Butter wax - completely non-abrasive, but wax by hand using best microfiber towel you can find - I use Adam's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts