Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted to send a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to IPS Motorsports and EVERYONE involved in the project, for officially being the worlds fastest IRS Corvette. As a bunch of you may know, LSX Shootout was just this past weekend, and IPS was there with their monster Corvette build and ran an 8:15!! Check some of the pics and slip.

From Mark's own words:

"1st place Worlds fastest LS powered Corvette
2nd Place Outlaw Drag Radial Class
New World record for IRS Corvettes at [email protected]
New World Record for C6 Corvettes

The car was consistant and fast and we had a great time! I would like to thank all those that helped us get there this year! Special thanks to IPSMotorsports.net for building the car and keeping it running! RPM Transmissions for making the best drive train we have ever seen, The Drive Shaft shop for the driveshaft and axles that can hold the power we are putting down, PFadt Race Engineering for all of the suspension parts, Simpson Racing for all the saftey equipment, Livernois Motorsports for building the motor, and Carbotech Brakes for helping us stop when we need to.

I would also like to thank Tommy "Peanut" for working all the hard hours and coming out to the track to help me, as well as Eric for tuning the car for helping pit crew. I would also like to thank Jeff at IPS Motorsports for beliving in me and the car and standing behind us, and last but definately not least, my wife Karrie for supporting my desire to race and accomplish the things we have accomplished. I couldn't have done this without each of these companies/people's help"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we thought this build deserved as much attention as possible with how much effort everyone has put in on this, and the results they keep getting. Great job guys!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Great job. Can you fill us in on the guy who ran the 9.5 at 109?
:laughing: That might have been me in the 9.0 index class, hard on the brakes.

I also have every Pfadt suspension part they offer, great products. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts