Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World's Rarest, Most Valuable Corvettes Coming to Chicago Area for Bloomington Gold(R) Corvette Show

NORMAL, Ill., June 11 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time in history, the rarest and fastest Corvettes in the world have been assembled into one remarkable collection for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the 2009 Bloomington Gold Corvette Show scheduled June 25-28, 2009, at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Ill.

Known as the Special Collection(R) XXV: The Grand Finale, this star-studded lineup features 60 of the most historically significant Corvettes organized by Bloomington Gold to give attendees an opportunity to witness more than five decades of Corvette history in one time and place. Among the Corvettes on display are:
  • 1953 Corvette EX122 - the hand-built concept car that was America's first sports car and represents the beginning of Corvette production.
  • The 1960 Original Stingray Racer after which the most famous brand name in history was designed.
  • The Chevrolet Experimental Racing Vehicle (CERV) - a 206-mph Corvette hand-built by Zora Duntov that served as the platform for refining the Chevy body, chassis and suspension systems.
  • 1969 Grand Sport #001 Penske racer valued in the millions.
  • 1969 ZL1 Corvette - the only one documented to exist and one of the most valuable Corvettes in the world.
In addition, don't miss your chance to see the 2010 Corvette Grand Sport - among thousands of other fabulous Corvettes - when Bloomington Gold unveils the new model and gives attendees a chance to climb inside the latest Corvette offering.

As America's Original Corvette Show since 1973, Bloomington Gold offers flagship car judging, educational and restoration seminars, auctions, museum-quality displays of America's fastest and rarest Corvettes, road tours and more!

The Survivor Collector Car event on Sunday after the show will feature un-restored collector vehicles of all makes and models.

The magnificent Pheasant Run Resort plays host to the Bloomington Gold Corvette show. Tickets are available at the door for $20. For more information, visit BloomingtonGold.com, call 309.888.4477 or email [email protected].

Schedule:
37th Bloomington Gold Corvette Show
June 25-28, 2009
Pheasant Run Resort
4051 E. Main Street
St. Charles, IL 60174

Gates open @ 7:00 a.m.
Admission is $20.00
Information: 309-888-4477
www.BloomingtonGold.com

NOTE: (If you are a DigitalCorvettes.com member attending the show, join Patrick and the crew at Jason's 3rd annual BBQ. info )

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Nice, hopefully i'll have a chance to check some of them out. I'll be working at the Adam's tent.:partyon:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Awesome! I would like to see the "1953 Corvette EX122 - the hand-built concept car that was America's first sports car and represents the beginning of Corvette production."

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are rumored to be TWO 1969 ZL1 Corvettes...

One is in Maitland Florida at Rogers Corvettes...it is on his website...
Yellow...
I have heard the other one is White...

If it's not Roger's at the event mentioned, the NEWS Release is not being 100% truthful...

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are rumored to be TWO 1969 ZL1 Corvettes...

One is in Maitland Florida at Rogers Corvettes...it is on his website...
Yellow...
I have heard the other one is White...

If it's not Roger's at the event mentioned, the NEWS Release is not being 100% truthful...
Roger's got his yellow ZL1 from a DEA Seizure / auction. Wild story there!!

The white one was once a part of the Otis Chandler Collection and was featured in Corvette Quarterly back in 1988/early 89

...then there is the orange one. The automatic... :buhbye:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
If it werent so soon, I would have had a chance to save up enough to go, cant afford travel, or lodging, (althoug I wouldnt mind in the least sleeping in my truck just to go!) I would have to drive my pickup as it is the only thing I can drive that far atm.

If I see half of those in 20 or 30 years, I will be "tickled to death". There is no ammount of photography that would truly satisfy my thirst, but all that I could get sure helps. Almost as much as the experience of owning and driving a Corvette, I love the history and the vivid rich story behind it! Just that ZL1 is enough to do it for me, much less an original Grand Sport, and one that a current race legend drove in the past.

happy record breaking,
~wd40:buhbye:

·
Banned
167 Posts
Re:

I am bummed out :(

Because I won't make it, I never flown before, but I would despite my fear.. However, I have no $ to go. it's 1k for me and 3 others to go. Which is not bad. But I would only go for a day.
Which I don't mind. it's just so Soon. Why can't they Do A SPECIAL Collection Show With all them here in Florida? :(

It's always up north. Last time It was in Amelia Island,Fla for the 5 GS. and now this ...

I hope it's not true that this will be the last time.

otherwise i will be depressed.

Jose

Miami

1 - 20 of 20 Posts