Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my vette to my mechanic to get timing chain (cloyes), and new dampner put on and flowkooler water pump.
When I checked the milage that I put on this year, only 12.5 miles.
Yep thats all.
I've got to stop being so anul, and driving this baby.
My vette is a '84 with 87k. Afraid of messing up my new paint job.
Owned it now for 9 years. Had 84k on it when I first took it home.
tony

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
My 88 is my daily driver.

How can you not drive your vette?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I put 20k on her last year, this year only 6k.

But, that is going to change. Next summer hopefully I can take a few weeks off and tour out west. I've only seen that area from an airplane... :laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i've got a buddy with an 89 that probably only put 20 miles on it this year and last

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
War Machine,

Your right, when I get it back from my mechanic, I'm going to drive it much more.
The Weathers great out here in Southern CA.

Thanks
tony

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
There's a name for cars like yours..Garage Queen. If you figure what it costs for insurance and license per mile driven, you are probably paying twice what anyone else pays.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Damn, 3k miles in nine years, I put that many miles on just going in and out of my driveway. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I've had mine 6 years and have only put 24,000 miles on it. Not because I don;t want to drove it I just don't have the time and now with the baby I can't take the family out. I have a new job now so I'm gonna drive that baby to work now.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My dad drives that beast everyday. It has been sitting in the Garage collecting dust because hes gone. My mother wont let me drive it. But what mama dont know wont hurt her. hahah:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Loggins1 said:
My . But what mama dont know wont hurt her. hahah:laughing:
Don't worry, we won't tell either. Remember 4 words and repeat them often. "Admit nothing, deny everything"

·
Registered
0 Posts
I only put about 1500 miles a year on mine & I thought I wasnt driving mine enoughf! Damm Tony drive that thing more...12.5 miles is nothing!:lookinup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts