Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 2011 Hyundai Equus is targeted for $50-$60K when it's released next year. :crazy:

It's a nice looking car but I'm not thinking A Hyundai is what I'd be looking to pay that kind of money for even with the included Apple Ipad.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
The new 2011 Hyundai Equus is targeted for $50-$60K when it's released next year. :crazy:

It's a nice looking car but I'm not thinking A Hyundai is what I'd be looking to pay that kind of money for even with the included Apple Ipad.

I predict the same fate as the VW Phaeton. They just don't have the market prestiege to pull a $50,000 car

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
People pay more for Toyotas.
The same was true when VW launched the Phaeton. It didn't work because VW didn't have a luxery image. Hyundai does not have a luxery image now. This is a big reach. The Genesis has doen wonders for their image and if they keep working that direction the could pull this off but not in the next year or two.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I saw that car about a year ago in traffic, had some kind of special license plate and must have been a pre-production car. I was not impressed with the rear of it. Kinda like a lexus knock off with more curves. It is probably a pretty good car, but I wouldnt pay that much for it.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I've driven a couple of the new 2011 Sonatas, and they are really pretty nice cars. But they don't cost $50,000, I agree that at that price point any Hyundai is going to be a very tough sell.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
It has better seats than a ZR1:thud:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Most people aren't going to want to pay 50K for a Hyundai of any kind...sounds snobby but it's true.

Having said that, they are starting to make some nice looking cars.:surprised

1 - 12 of 12 Posts