Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GLCC participants:

If a set of CCW's with the MT streets were available for use at each event, would you be interested in paying to play? If so, how much would you pay for one, two or three runs? If not, why? Interested?:excited:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
AllWetC5 said:
GLCC participants:

If a set of CCW's with the MT streets were available for use at each event, would you be interested in paying to play? If so, how much would you pay for one, two or three runs? If not, why? Interested?:excited:
What are you getting at with this?
Also, I'm not familiar with CCW's
Matt

·
Registered
245 Posts
Though I am not in the GLCC program, I wouldn't want to run MT streets for fear of breaking parts. I'd rather have a little wheelspin....

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I wouldn't rent tires. I would just put that rent money towards a drag set up of my own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where am I going with this...... The CCW package is considered by some the best C5 drag/street package available. The cost is $2000.00. I would love to get a set but it is hard to justify that $$$$.$$ for one or two weekends a month. Therefore, I thought if other participants where interested in running on CCW's, I might be able to reduce my cost. Another possiblity is for a group of participants to buy the wheels together - say four guys, $500 a piece. Just seeing if there is interest.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Well I finally saw a pic of what you are talking about.
Me, with a C4, who knew?
Anyway they LOOK great!
But if you are going to use 'em for a few weekends a month/summer, then get some Welds and slap on some drag radials! Much cheaper!
Matt

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Call their tech support # and ask for your application.
Matt

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
War Machine said:
Welds are featherlight. If they were areodynamic you could play frizbee with them. The CCW's are just a little heavier but IMO look much better for photo op's than the Welds.
I agree. The point I was adressing was the COST/Performance ratio. If you don't want to lay out the bucks for the CCW's because you plan on using 'em a few times a summer, then get the centerlines. Cheaper, yet greater performance (wieght).
CCW's LOOK GREAT. But for a few times a year for that kinda $$$?
Save and win with centerlines (or Welds).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts