Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang.
Just realized its been 9 years this month since I joined this site.
Member #1158.
Seen the changes. From the days when there was no rules. None. There was no sponsors. I was once a moderator. Then I got fired. Lol. Still a great site. Lots of great peeps. Keep on vettin

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Aloha gang.
Just realized its been 9 years this month since I joined this site.
Member #1158.
Seen the changes. From the days when there was no rules. None. There was no sponsors. I was once a moderator. Then I got fired. Lol. Still a great site. Lots of great peeps. Keep on vettin
From the days when there was no rules. None
....there still isn't any, we got cool mod's now...:D

I was once a moderator. Then I got fired
....and your still Fired.....:laughing:

....here's your prize

.....just mess'n with ya.....:cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha. Still love the site. ... because it has personality, doesn't get stale...

Still like the c5 more than any other model. We all have our favorite generations.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, long time. Glad to see you're still around.:thumbsup:

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
Dang it no one ever tells me any thing. What are these rules???:thud:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Wow I 'm a short timer, only 3 years.

Congrats on the 9 years:thumbsup:

What kind of cockatoo is that in you avatar?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No rules... sorta like the old UFC compaired to the new UFC, just a few rules added. I remember posting pics and discussing pics from orgrish.com of people getting smashed by elevators and non sense like that. lol
There was heavy compition with already established forums, some members trying to start their own forum and steal members ( cough- parrot). The c6 GM warnings for posting c6 pics and info when only the spy pics were out. Good times...
I too would be here more, but I'm into my 40s now, kids are playing football, working life gets hectic.

The cockatoo in my avitar is a goffin, I've had him for 23 years, I've had 3 German shepherds live full lives in that time. That bird has seen it all. Lol

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Steve,
Wow, you remember my good friend Kalani, he moved to Texas a few years ago. He's visiting in a couple weeks. I still have a very low c5. 425 at the wheels. Easy 11s with DRs. I have been in and out of the site and followed your ls1 c4 build. Loved it. Easy to make horse power with these motors. Thread cleaning is huge with lots of disassembly.
I always remever the story of Sampson r.I.p. I had to put down my 13 year old service GSD a year ago, I'm still not over it.
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Congratulations! :cheers:

I've only been here for a couple of years. Thanks for helping pave the parking lot here before I arrived. :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Hey Steve,
Wow, you remember my good friend Kalani, he moved to Texas a few years ago. He's visiting in a couple weeks. I still have a very low c5. 425 at the wheels. Easy 11s with DRs. I have been in and out of the site and followed your ls1 c4 build. Loved it. Easy to make horse power with these motors. Thread cleaning is huge with lots of disassembly.
I always remever the story of Sampson r.I.p. I had to put down my 13 year old service GSD a year ago, I'm still not over it.
Thanks for the reply
Yep its tough to lose a dog. I've seen Kalani on a few other sites he was building a crazy VW some time back but I lost track of it. Tell him I said hi when you see him and that he's not forgotten here on the site.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm still a dark horse troller since back then. This is by far my favorite Corvette site!!!! :thumbsup: It is fun to remember threads from years back!

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
The cockatoo in my avitar is a goffin, I've had him for 23 years, I've had 3 German shepherds live full lives in that time. That bird has seen it all. Lol
The bird still has a long way to go.:thumbsup:

I have an umbrella that my cousin couldn't keep any longer. I also have a macaw, an amazon, and a quaker. No thing like having a pet that bites you then says "don't bite" and laughs maniacally:laughing: Of course I'm only up to 8 years with the quaker being the first bird.

Add to the birds our 3 dogs, 2 saltwater aquaria(aquariums?) and the cat and its a wonder I can spend any money on the vette:smack

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I'm still a dark horse troller since back then. This is by far my favorite Corvette site!!!! :thumbsup: It is fun to remember threads from years back!
Yeah you just drop in every now and then with maggots on the brain and kill a thread:nuts:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bird still has a long way to go.:thumbsup:

I have an umbrella that my cousin couldn't keep any longer. I also have a macaw, an amazon, and a quaker. No thing like having a pet that bites you then says "don't bite" and laughs maniacally:laughing: Of course I'm only up to 8 years with the quaker being the first bird.

Add to the birds our 3 dogs, 2 saltwater aquaria(aquariums?) and the cat and its a wonder I can spend any money on the vette:smack
Yep, im not sure how old he is, he was at least 10 when i took him out of a drug dealers apt. I had a red fronted macaw i found, he escaped a fire from somewhere. Had him 15 years, medication eventually killed his liver. Have 2 dogs. German shepherds are my favorite. Just lost a great one to old age a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yeah you just drop in every now and then with maggots on the brain and kill a thread:nuts:
I'm not going to live that one down am I? :laughing: I love the banter back and forth and the guy garage here on DC. Where else would I be able to throw out maggots on the brain? :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts