Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per leaked cables...

"In December 2005, the Saudi king expressed his anger that the Bush administration had ignored his advice against going to war. According to a cable from the American Embassy in Riyadh, the king argued “that whereas in the past the U.S., Saudi Arabia and Saddam Hussein had agreed on the need to contain Iran, U.S. policy had now given Iraq to Iran as a ‘gift on a golden platter.’ ”

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
This is all you actually agreed with...

the Saudi king expressed his anger that the Bush administration
...you don't actually understand why -nonetheless... you do.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Wut -what ?

He simply saw "anger at Bush" and agreed with it -without understanding the incorrect reasoning and assumption, behind Abdulazi (s) anger toward Bush.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
What does "upset of balance" mean ? Were they in a balance prior to Bush attacking Iraq and forming another budding democracy in the region ? -Further "upsetting the balance" of Iran, internally ?

Abdulaziz was incorrect in his reasoning and assumption, behind his anger. Then again... when has ever been correct in matters of the world ? He's a King by birth... not by greatness.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does "upset of balance" mean ? Were they in a balance prior to Bush attacking Iraq and forming another budding democracy in the region ? -Further "upsetting the balance" of Iran, internally ?
The balance of the more peacefull Sunni majority control of the region over to the unstable shiites

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Dude... check your perceived facts based on a pure guess. You had a 50/50 chance of being correct... based upon your guess.

If it wasn't for bad luck... :laughing:

Sunni's were the insurgents... loyal to Saddam.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Dude... check your perceived facts based on a pure guess. You had a 50/50 chance of being correct... based upon your guess.

If it wasn't for bad luck... :laughing:

Sunni's were the insurgents... loyal to Saddam.
No one ever said intelligence is his forte.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
:laughing:

You would think that by now... some of these guys would check -and then double check the facts they produce as news and opinion based upon their ideology and track-record. Especially when they know they are going up against a competing ideology from the likes of you and Old Vette -and others... that have a far better then average grasp of the world stage, be it political or economic or religious or history... etc. Never in my life... have I had to debate as many that have been so incorrect on so many topics... with such consistency.

How is it that they can be proven so wrong, with such regularity... and still hold the guiding ideology, as correct ?

I am truly mesmerized....

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The balance of the more peacefull Sunni majority control of the region over to the unstable shiites
when all else fails... post a picture.

What does that have to due with 1995 and your incorrect reasoning for your support of Abdullas anger at Bush for invading Iraq ? In addition... provide a link to your picture -as my info states that the Sunni's were outnumbered 2 to 1 at the time of Abdulls anger and concern in 1995.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
:laughing: Alright, brother. ;)

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
And yet, when presented with the evidence to prove your original statement to be incorrect, which happens with great frequency, you still want to argue the point through pictures. :crazy:

If you even bothered to look at the pretty pictures you posted, you'd see that this one shows the Sunni population, including Kurds, is equal to 37%. Now, to answer your question about World History classes, yes I took several but I must ask you, have you taken the most basic of Math courses? Because from where I sit, it doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
And yet, when presented with the evidence to prove your original statement to be incorrect, which happens with great frequency, you still want to argue the point through pictures. :crazy:

If you even bothered to look at the pretty pictures you posted, you'd see that this one shows the Sunni population, including Kurds, is equal to 37%. Now, to answer your question about World History classes, yes I took several but I must ask you, have you taken the most basic of Math courses? Because from where I sit, it doesn't look like it.

Your math is correct, that is why you are wrong about Dunn's original statement. The balance of power in the region was seriously upset by taking out Saddam. Follow along.

Iran controlled and is primary Shia. Iraq under Saddam and Saudia Arabia were both controlled by Sunni's. However, as you pointed out, Sunni's are in the minority in Iraq. Prior to the US invasion, Iraq and Saudia Arabia countered Iran's influence in the region and were able to control oil prices to limit Iran's power.

By removing Saddam from power, the Shia majority in Iraq has taken over the democratic government. The Shia government officials in Iraq are sympathetic to Iran and follow the Shia religous leaders in Iran.

Therefore we have Iraq and Iran working more closely together against Saudia Arabia. This is exactly what the Saudi's warned us about and what Dunn is agreeing with.

Does that now make sense?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sunni majority control over most of the region of the Sunni arabian crecent.

Iran is the Shia hub and the center of our problems.
We also see the maps illustrate the Afghan and Yemmi problem with the Shia...

We see the same with maps of Pakistan, with a Shia quota in northern Pakistan.

As Iraq goes....Sunnis and Sadam were in control.

That is no longer the case, now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts