·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i'd love one of these

Bugatti Veyron 16·4
The 1,001-hp Exotic
By Mike Meredith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It takes a lot to attract attention with a new car in Monterey, where a Ferrari on the street rarely warrants a second glance. But Bugatti was able to do just that with its new super car.

At the Pebble Beach Concours d'Élégance, the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Course is lined with dozens of multi-million dollar collector cars, while over at Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca, car owners throw caution to the wind and race wheel-to-wheel with irreplaceable cars on this famous and truly challenging road course, for the annual Monterey Historic Automobile Races.
In Grand Fashion
The legendary marque Bugatti chose this exceptional environment to stage the official public debut of its production-ready Bugatti Veyron 16·4 supercar in precisely this fashion. Visitors and spectators of the Historic Races thus witnessed the Veyron 16.4 in motion for the first time in public, as it completed several flying laps while leading a field of 40 historic Bugatti race cars to the green flag.

The challenge of attracting attention during this packed automotive weekend even caused me to wonder if the on-track spin entering the Andretti Hairpin on the first lap had not actually been staged to create more drama. But I rather suspect that the test driver had to later face a number of stern-looking German engineers and company officials who were not pleased at having seen their precious car pitch off into the dirt.

As the Veyron exited Turn Eleven and the quadruple turbochargers spooled up for the first blast down the straightaway, our photographer, who was standing at the pit wall, felt as if the air was being sucked out of him when the spectacular red-and-black supercar shot past.

Concours Quality
After the brief drive at Laguna Seca, the Veyron 16·4 returned to the lawn in front of The Lodge at Pebble Beach to join the more than fifty Bugatti cars from the past that graced the field, including the Best of Show winner, Peter Williamson's 1935 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic coupé, one of only two in existence today.

A worthy successor to the elegant and powerful Bugattis of the past, the Veyron 16·4 is powered by a 1001-horsepower, 8.0-litre engine with its 16 cylinders arranged in a 'W' and force-fed by a quartet of turbochargers. This newest Bugatti also uses all-wheel drive to reach a top speed of 406 km/h (252 mph) as claimed and guaranteed by its makers. Acceleration is also impressive: the Veyron is said to reach 290 km/h (180 mph) from a standing start in just 14 seconds!

The elegant shape pays tribute to original Bugatti designs and each car will be custom-tailored exactly to its buyer's specifications.

Unique Heritage
The Veyron is named in honour of Pierre Veyron, a legendary French race driver from the 1930s who earned his reputation driving Bugattis.

The new Bugatti Veyron 16·4 is built within the Volkswagen group, which acquired all the rights to this famous name and brand years ago. The carmaker, now re-born on solid foundations, appears committed to the elegance, performance and exclusivity that characterized the Bugattis of the past.

The Veyron 16·4 is expected to sell for more than $1 million US. Only a few dozen cars will be produced each year and total production will be limited to 300, guaranteeing the limited number and exclusivity of the original Bugattis.

The Veyron 16·4's unique front end bears a prominent reference to the trademark, horseshoe-like grille of classic Bugatti race cars.

The Veyron completed its first-ever laps in public while leading a field of 40 historic Bugatti race cars during the famous Monterey Historic event.

The 16·4 was named after a famous French Bugatti race driver of the 1930s: Pierre Veyron. Its two-tone paint job is evocative of some of the greatest cars from this legendary marque.

The claimed 1001 hp are produced by a quad-turbocharged, 8.0-litre W16 engine, for a reported top speed of 406 km/h (252 mph).

Design, opulence and performance were always equally important to the visionary Ettore Bugatti and they fully coexist in the Veyron's interior

·
Registered
990 Posts
:surprised :surprised :surprised where is it ? let me see it Please:surprised

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,910 Posts
I'd just be happy being able to afford one of them.

Not bad for a Volkswagen

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
IF I HAD the million, I'd buy one really nice Corvette from each of the five generations and bank/invest the rest. :thumbsup:

(and of course buy a C6 next year)

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you had a million to buy this , you would already have those other vettes along with several other smooth cars. :D

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
bkuper said:
IF I HAD the million, I'd buy one really nice Corvette from each of the five generations and bank/invest the rest. :thumbsup:

(and of course buy a C6 next year)
my thoughts exactly.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
If you had a million to buy this , you would already have those other vettes along with several other smooth cars. :D

Thats true. :)

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
that grass is in fantastic shape.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts