Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotta grin:D :D :D :D ! And I gotta let someone know who really can appreciate it.

In previous posts I've been whining and yapping about my stock L82 '79 that had poor idle, rattling rockers, plugs issues, carb issues, sluggish engine etc.....(mostly all due to improperly set valve lash!!)

Well I got all that squared away now and I just ripped off my first doughnut in the parking lot at work!1:cool: OK, maybe it was more like a half doughnut, ....But man that was an awsome feeling!!!

I've REALLY got the fever now!

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
ecordeddie said:
I've gotta grin:D :D :D :D ! And I gotta let someone know who really can appreciate it.

In previous posts I've been whining and yapping about my stock L82 '79 that had poor idle, rattling rockers, plugs issues, carb issues, sluggish engine etc.....(mostly all due to improperly set valve lash!!)

Well I got all that squared away now and I just ripped off my first doughnut in the parking lot at work!1:cool: OK, maybe it was more like a half doughnut, ....But man that was an awsome feeling!!!

Cool!:thumbsup:
Nothing like it is there?:cheers:

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
ecordeddie said:

AS an RN I can tell you that what you need to do for that fever is 10 full doughnuts, burn 7 ricers, and smoke 6 Mustangs. Then post again in the morning :D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Sooooooo Jelous!

Sounds like fun. You'll have to describe it in detail as my 76' can barely pull off a poor excuse for a brake torque.......:thud:

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
I know the feeling! Brought it up to some decent rpm and lit off a 15 foot strip of rubber for the first time the other day. Gives me chills just thinking about it!

Glad to hear you're runnin' strong!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Glad you got it fixed and are having fun

:partyon:

·
Registered
162 Posts
thats fantastic bro have fun with it heres to urs, mine and everyone else that owns a vette :cheers: !!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nice work, I love to here about tires smoken and fuel burning. I had the best day ever as a vett owner today cleaned for 4 hours on the inside and outside took my boss for lunch and drove all over town. My boss is a former vett owner and he says that my 4 barrels are turned off, so I have yet to get a good burnout with my 1979 vett, maybe patt or the toy can help me when I get ready to help the motor out.:surprised

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Ain't horsepower fun

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
There's nothing quite like that euphoric feeling when you get your first "good" run in a project. :partyon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts