Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I went to my first pay-per-view wrestling show last night....WWE Backlash was at Rupp Arena in Lexington. I'd been to plenty of house shows before, but never a televised one. It was really cool. overall, I was impressed. The stage and set were huge....way bigger than I thought they would be. If I had ordered it and watched on TV, I probably wouldn't have been too impressed, because the matches, although way better than what you'd see at a house show, weren't just awesomely impressive or anything. I am definitely glad I went though. It was super fun. If nothing else, I got a really cool HHH hat. For you wrestling geeks who want to know what happened, here's a write-up of all the match results.....

we saw Maria and Todd outside the arena doing live cut-ins on TV promoting the show. She's a total dingbat, but she's nice to look at......picture attached.....

first match was chris masters vs. carlito. decent match...nothing spectacular happened....carlito won, but didn't spit the apple on anybody....

2nd match was a disappointment. flair vs. umaga. umaga's manager (fernando alejandro pedro estrado or whatever he calls himself) got on mic and said "que pasa, los kentuckos?" that made me laugh.....umaga won in about 5 minutes...flair was never in it.....maybe the old man is finally going to retire soon....

3rd match was mickie james and trish for the women's belt. they're back to playing their own characters now, and their hair colors have gone back to where they were before. i didn't understand trish's outfit....it was like a tan colored body sock with glittery stripes on it or something......mickie was disqualified for choking trish with a piece of cloth she ripped off of her outfit. trish wins, mickie is still the champ though....

4th match was shelton benjamin vs. RVD....winner gets both the intercontinental title and the money in the bank. This was a good match that went on for awhile...lots of high flying stuff...RVD ultimately won with the frog splash...new champ! that was cool!

5th match was kane vs. big show. kane's entrance is impressive in person. they brawled for awhile, then the lights went out, a bunch of red lighting came on and they played this montage of kane saying things like "they're all going to know what you did." "may 19th is coming, kane." it was like kryptonite for him and he started rolling around in the ring, pounding his head on the turnbuckles, and punching himself in the head (trying to get the voices out of his head i guess.....) show got a chair and reluctantly clocked kane with it to snap him out of it. lights came back on, show got DQ'ed, and left the ring shaking his head. kane sat back up laughing after the show was gone to the back.....

6th match was the mcmahons vs. shawn and god. vince introduced god, and the lights went out, then this beacon of white light came down onto the entrance stage. It slowly moved down the ramp, around the ring, and up the steps. as it was coming down the ramp, vince hollered "Dammit, God...stop! you've got to do your entrance WWE style. let's put a little style on it" or something to that effect. they then put on this 70's style funk rock music and vince started dancing all over the ring like an idiot. it was hilarious. so the beacon of light comes up into the ring, and vince tells the ref to check god for foreign objects. the ref looks confused, and vince slaps him, tells him to do it. he starts over to the beacon of light, and vince says nevermind...on second thought, this is a no disqualification match. bring it, God!!! Michaels comes out and we start. him and shane brawled up onto the stage, vince followed. shane got thrown into the set props, then michaels speared vince off the stage down to the floor....they must have dropped 10 or 12 feet. and get this.....I STARTED THE CHANT OF "HOLY ****!!!"!!!! I said it first, and it spread to my right and next thing I knew, the whole arena was chanting it. they stayed down for a few minutes, then shawn started back up onto the stage, only to be met by a forehead-bloodying chair shot from shane. they went back to the ring and double teamed shawn....he eventually got control again and gave vince a VICIOUS chair shot. vince didn't put his arms up to block it at all, and caught it square on the head. shawn got 2 tables in the ring side by side, and laid the mcmahons out on them. he then got this enormous ladder (see picture) and climbed it to jump on them. then the spirit squad hit the ring. shawn jumped off the ladder to the outside onto all 5 of them....they eventually beat him down though, drug him back into the ring, threw him into the air straight through the table, and pulled vince over top of him for the win. lame ending to an otherwise really good match.

finally, the triple threat match for the belt...edge, HHH, and cena....the young kids all wanted cena to win, the old folks all wanted HHH, and nobody really cared about edge. each guy had an advantage at some point, and the match was really good....lots of near pinfalls broken up by the other guy edge gave HHH a nasty DDT through the spanish announce table that bloodied hunter up pretty bad. hunter came back though...the ref got knocked out and hunter got the sledgehammer. he was going for cena, but got speared by edge. edge got knocked out of the ring by cena, who went for the FU on hunter. he dodged it and got cena in position for the pedigree, but cena slipped out, and rolled him up for the pin. good match, but i would have liked to have seen hunter win the belt back. after the ref called for the bell, hunter sledgehammered the ref, cena, and edge, and left them laying in the ring. he went up the ramp all bloodied and celebrated his loss....haha.....

now....the strange thing....hunter and michaels are both really picking up with the DX symbols. shawn was interviewed backstage and he used the "Lexington and I got two words for ya....." and the crowd all yelled SUCK IT! both of them gave the suck it sign to their opponents multiple times in their matches.....are they really going to re-form DX or are they just trying to make us think that........?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WIT911 said:
I hope they bring DX back. If so, I'll start watching again!
it would be really cool if they did bring it back....only bad thing is that the road dog and the bad ass are signed with TNA....so they wouldn't have those guys....they'd have to write some new characters into that faction along with shawn and hunter....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts