Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tax_c...zZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNuZXd0YXhsYXdwYWM-

New tax law packed with obscure business tax cuts

"WASHINGTON – The massive new tax bill signed into law by President Barack Obama is filled with all kinds of holiday stocking stuffers for businesses: tax breaks for producing TV shows, grants for putting up windmills, rum subsidies for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

There is even a tax break for people who buy race horses."

"Every year, taxpayers risk losing their favorite tax breaks, if they are not renewed. That's what happened to millions of homeowners. For 2008 and 2009, homeowners who didn't itemize their deductions were able to get an extra deduction — on top of the standard deduction — for paying local property taxes. Individuals could reduce their taxable income by as much as $500, couples could cut theirs by $1,000.

The provision, which has saved homeowners about $1.6 billion a year, expired for 2010 and was left out of the new tax law."

:WTF

This is with the GOP not obstructing.....but participating?:WTF

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
People and companies keeping their own money is always a good thing. These are not gifts from the government - even though they want you to think that. I guess you would have us just all turn over all of our money to the government and trust their superior intellect and goodness to spend it better than we would. Not me.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
How the hell do you complain about the lack of higher percentages in the death tax... and then turn around and complain that a portion of property taxes breaks -have been dissolved ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People and companies keeping their own money is always a good thing. These are not gifts from the government - even though they want you to think that. I guess you would have us just all turn over all of our money to the government and trust their superior intellect and goodness to spend it better than we would. Not me.
Race horses, rum in Puerto Rico, insurance companies that invest overseas,..... An exemption that allows banks, insurance companies and other financial firms to shield foreign profits from being taxed by the U.S., the tax break to major multinational banks and financial firms, such as Citigroup, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, and to the financing operations of other international companies,.....?

:huh:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Race horses, rum in Puerto Rico, insurance companies that invest overseas,..... An exemption that allows banks, insurance companies and other financial firms to shield foreign profits from being taxed by the U.S., the tax break to major multinational banks and financial firms, such as Citigroup, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, and to the financing operations of other international companies,.....?

:huh:
For it, for it, and for it. Every pennyof corporate tax is passed on to you and me. It is a liberal wet dream that corps actually pay taxes. Only individuals actually pay tax, either directly or indirectly through corporate taxes.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For it, for it, and for it. Every pennyof corporate tax is passed on to you and me. It is a liberal wet dream that corps actually pay taxes. Only individuals actually pay tax, either directly or indirectly through corporate taxes.

You guys need to make up your minds.

Either corps dont pay taxes, or corps do pay taxes.

Either our corp taxes are too high, or we reduce corp taxes/subsidize corps/economies.

Loopholes are bad or they are good.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If it provides jobs ( real jobs - not census takers) and helps the economy then it's a good thing. Dune you have become the msnbc of DC. Always a left wing spin on your view points.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'm Pro American Business,

If you want this economy to Flourish

Then you need to give business an incentive to grow

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it provides jobs ( real jobs - not census takers) and helps the economy then it's a good thing.

That's not what everybody said during the dem stimulus.

It was all crying about unwanted govt spending, and deficit increasing.

See the hypocrisy?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That's not what everybody said during the dem stimulus.

It was all crying about unwanted govt spending, and deficit increasing.

See the hypocrisy?
Of course I do. I'm a conservative but a realist. What was done by the Dems didn't work. Now we see what the other side has in mind. If it doesn't work I won't go easy on them either. I have no faith in our current president. 0 - none.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Of course I do. I'm a conservative but a realist. What was done by the Dems didn't work. Now we see what the other side has in mind. If it doesn't work I won't go easy on them either. I have no faith in our current president. 0 - none.
I have no faith in our government, period.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts