Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101019...kaW9uX21vc3RfcG9wdWxhcgRzbGsDY3J5c3RhbGNhdGhl

$43 million?

:WTF

$7.5 million to several hundred vendors for services ranging from advertising to the use of live animals in Easter and Christmas services.:WTF

Kristina Oliver, whose Hemet-based company provided live animals for the church's "Glory of Christmas" manger scene, said she doubts she will recover in full the $57,000 she is owed.
:surprised:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:crazy:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
How could God allow this to happen?? Screwing over all those venders in today's economic mess????? :lookinup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
All charities and churches who use paid employees, should pay tax just the same as other businesses.
:agree::agree::agree:

as should all charitable organizations that openly support a political candidate, political organization or vote result.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
How could God allow this to happen?? Screwing over all those venders in today's economic mess????? :lookinup:

A bunch of Crooks

This church is more about 50 million than it is about god

They need to have an internal investigation done on them

by the FBI

Because someone stole alot of money :nuts:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
All charities and churches who use paid employees, should pay tax just the same as other businesses.
:agree:
How would we do this and maintain tax incentives for contributions?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
:agree:
How would we do this and maintain tax incentives for contributions?
The contributions could remain tax free. But the collectors need to pay taxes, if they are going to use that money in a business. If you employee people, you are engaging in business.

If the churches want to remain tax exempt, then they can use volunteers. These megachurches are nothing but big businesses masquerading as non-profits. Most charities now days are..

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
"The church never made any kind of advancement that they wanted to pay their debt, that they were willing to try to make it happen and every time we tried they told us, You can't tell us how to run our business, Oliver said.
....crooks.....:laughing:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Used to build a bunch of churches.
They are some of the hardest to collect money from.
Sure you can lien the building, but it's not they are going to sell it. It was also like they didn't care if they had liens in their credit report. I assumed it was because they didn't borrow like a normal business. I guess that's changed.

It's also understandable how they could go bankrupt.
Donations to all charities are down tremendously.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I guess they qualify as nonprofit...:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

An organized religion is a business no mater what you call it. Its purpose is to make money...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Used to build a bunch of churches.
They are some of the hardest to collect money from.
Sure you can lean the building, but it's not they are going to sell it. It was also like they didn't care if they had liens in their credit report. I assumed it was because they didn't borrow like a normal business. I guess that's changed.

It's also understandable haw they could go bankrupt.
Donations to all charities are down tremendously.
I got screwed by the Church of Latter Day Saints and one Baptist Church bigtime and a few others "smalltime":laughing: Doing business with churches is usually bad business in my opinion:huh:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I big time feel that way about the Red Cross, and is why I won't donate to them. Their San Francisco head of operations was pulling $300,000 a year a few years back.

REALLY? :WTF

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I got screwed by the Church of Latter Day Saints and one Baptist Church bigtime and a few others "smalltime":laughing: Doing business with churches is usually bad business in my opinion:huh:
I've had good luck with churches, business-wise. I know folks who haven't though.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I've had good luck with churches, business-wise. I know folks who haven't though.
So have I. A couple have been run by "Stand up" people and were a pleasure to do business with, It is just the bad few that really bothered me. I never expected them to "stiff" me. I guess bottom line is they are similar to other business' and people are people....some good and some not quite so good :cheers:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I big time feel that way about the Red Cross, and is why I won't donate to them. Their San Francisco head of operations was pulling $300,000 a year a few years back.

REALLY? :WTF
:agree: I feel its better to give to someone locally that needs it and gets all the money for their use.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts