Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being New to the digitalcorvettes.com site which by the way is cool, I saw this game section. Well, I just bought the Corvette video game and I must say it is not what a Corvette or any car game should be. I'll Start off with the good stuff.
-Over 100 Corvette's From 1953 to 2003.
-Cool and very unique tracks and cops all have corvettes!
-20$ brand new.
-Xbox live compatible (online)

The BAD NEWS!
-Graphic's suck even for the Xbox
-Feels like every single corvette is front wheel drive, can't burnout or do donuts efficentally.
-The enviormental graphics are alot better than the cars.
-The Car physics and graphics are quite lame in comparison to it's rival game Ford Racing 2 which is also only $20.
-The computer A.I. and traffic react like 75 year old ladies. (slow and in the way)

-The bottom line....
I give it a 4.9 outta 10. The game is an okay bang for the buck but for the person who doesn't know much about corvettes, want's to, and plays this game, it doesn't do corvettes ANY justice! The Ford Racing 2 has Sega GT 2002 (Xbox) if not better graphics and is alot more fun. Although it only has 35 cars, it make's up for the lame attempt at Corvette. If your a Corvette collector and wish to own this then buy it, but don't open it...

-hayafusion

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I'm sad to hear that, I was hoping for a real Corvette racing game. :(
That's ok, GT3 has a Grand Sport and a Z06. And, I've modded the hell out of them and the cars act like the real cars. Particularly when you turn off traction control.:laughing:

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
These games come in handy when it snows.:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, GT3 is a sweet game. I have the ZO6, C5R and GrandSport and they all are badass. But my biggest complaint with it is that its Japanese and Japanese car games over exaggerate their own countries cars. They have Nissan 180SX's in there outgunnin a Camaro SS oR the Cobra R. By the way, I have had the Grandsport to 254.2 MPH. BEAT THAT!!!!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Great review. I guess I'll just have to pass on this game. I'll still go rent it just for the crap of it though.

hayafusion said:
By the way, I have had the Grandsport to 254.2 MPH. BEAT THAT!!!!
Patrick, didn't your son beat that?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
5Point7Liter said:
Great review. I guess I'll just have to pass on this game. I'll still go rent it just for the crap of it though.

Patrick, didn't your son beat that?
Nope. I think the tallest we've geared it allowed for 241. But it's been a while...

·
Registered
12 Posts
How did you get this xbox game? I ordered it and was told it isn't released yet. Let me know where you bought it.
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would say stay away from this game and wait a few months for GT4 more vettes and the best car game graphics of all systems.

btw its not hard to get into the 280+ mph with a wide geared viper :) on gt3

·
Registered
525 Posts
coop said:
How did you get this xbox game? I ordered it and was told it isn't released yet. Let me know where you bought it.
Thanks
I went to EB Games this morning and they had 2 copies in stock. Even after reading the review from hayafusion I had to buy it anyway - It is a Corvette game after all.

Anyway, I am pretty new to the game thing (just bought the Xbox two weeks ago), but I think the game is pretty good. The graphics for the Vettes could be better, but I'm having fun with it so what the heck.

:D :D

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Well this is bittersweet news as it means I'm not going to go out and buy the game.....however, now I won't have to go out and buy the Xbox to play the game either and that means more money for the real Vette!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you are a PS2 owner, you can go to Best Buy and preorder for $9.99 with free shipping. This is what I did. Last week I recieved an email from BB that said the game has been delayed until April if I remember correctly. No hurry. But for $10 what the heck, Gonna cost at least half of that to rent it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the game for Xbox but it didn't thrill me like other games that had the Corvette in it. Gran Turismo 2 and 3 are the best as far as Corvette racing goes. The only thing I liked was the 100+ Vettes. But owning both PS2 and Xbox I still find myself measuring all car games to the mighty Gran Turismo Series.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've played it a couple of times. It's not great, but it is still fun picking your particular year of Vette and racing with it. If I had an X-Box, I'd buy it. I've been looking for the PC version, but haven't found it anywhere.

I did notice that the early C4 wheels ARE on backwards. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I saw it today for 20 bucks and i past it up and bought Counteer-Strike for the Xbox. I think i made a good choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
ANOTHER GAME THAT SCREWS CHEVY! DAMNIT!!!!!!
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
:spanked: :spanked: :spanked: :spanked: :spanked: :spanked: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :( :( :( :( :( :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts