Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Delphi XM radio in their Vette? I have an 03/C5 and would like to. I have seen some postings on the net that indicated it may be possible to hard wire in to the stock stereo in place of a remote CD changer. If anyone has any info (parts needed (wiring harness or concectors) or any installation notes or pictures, I would apprecitate it.:partyon:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I haven't done it or looked seriously yet. I've see the add that shows it as a converter...I'm thinking you put it inline on antenna, it picks up signal and transmits to antenna on a selected frequency, much the same as some of the aftermarket cd players.
Isn't there an aux input on the radio? I seem to remember a "button" for that on the front.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can wire it with a FM modulator and then tune your radio to 88.7 (or something simular) and listen to XM. There is a bit better way to do it. You can use a product like this one.
http://www.tlelectronics.com/webstore/product_info.php?cPath=42_31&products_id=154

In all honesty though guys. There is very little difference in sound quality between the two in a real world application. What I mean by that is when you are driving your car down the highway at 55mph you will not hear a difference between the two. That is just something to think about when you get hit with the extra cost of the adaptor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You may want to check with a company call (I think) Blitzcable. I have heard that they do a number of adapter cables for I-pods ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts