Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XM Satellite service restored

Company makes announcement after a glitch knocked service off line for about a day.

May 22 2007: 2:40 PM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- XM Satellite Radio Holdings said Tuesday afternoon that its nationwide system has returned to normal strength, after a software glitch diminished or knocked out service for some customers for about one day.

XM (down $0.10 to $11.04, Charts), the larger pay radio competitor to Sirius (Charts), said the problem started during the loading of software to the satellite broadcast system, which resulted in a temporary loss of signal from one of the company's satellites.

In early afternoon on Tuesday, the company in a statement said that "normal levels of service have resumed."

The company, which has agreed to be acquired by rival Sirius Satellite Radio, has more than 8 million subscribers who pay about $13 a month for dozens of sports, news, music and talk channels, may of them commercial-free.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/22/technology/xm_satellite.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before I heard about this, I was driving home from the grocery store last night, and anything other than a clear shot to the southern sky would get me a "no signal" message. It usually is not so sensitive to trees, buildings, etc. (I have a factory installed XM radio/antenna).

Then this morning I was really aggravated by it, thinking that either there was something wrong with the satellite or that my antenna was messed up. I'm glad that it appears to be working well again.

Did anyone else run into XM problems today or yesterday??

·
Registered
503 Posts
now that you mention it, mine went out for a little while right before I got home. at first I thought my subscription had run out but it was working ok today so no worries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts