Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just installed my new 2.25" Sweet Thunder inserts into my XS Power side pipes. The glasspack inserts that came with the system were too quiet for my taste, and too restrictive for my motor. So, I decided to swap them. Unfortunately, although the pipes were only a few months old with only 500miles on them, the glasspacks were IMPOSSIBLE (at least for me) to get out. Luckily, Josh at Custom Image was able to help me out and got the old inserts out for me.

Anyways, Im very happy with the sound of the Sweet Thunders. I was initially worried that theyd be too loud but theyre not at all (although I could be a little biased seeing I ran the car with open headers for a little while, while waiting for the side pipes to return... so nothing really sounds that loud anymore :devil:) But honestly, they sound great. In my opinion, they are the perfect amount of loud that these cars should be and they have a badass rumble!

Here are some clips:

Before (Hooker style glasspacks):

After (2.25" Sweet Thunder inserts):

And just for fun (WARNING this was shot on my cell phone, and the open headers overwhelmed it a bit! lol):

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I wasnt sure if I wanted to go with STS or Sweet Thunder, but Im definitely happy with my decision. I do really like the STS as well, but I wanted something really aggressive. Plus the price of the Sweets was much better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
that's the sound i'll be aiming for with my ls1 swap ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am just waiting for my packages, I have ordered them from Josh on the 28 of December, and I can see that they have landed in Copenhagen (100 km from me) yesterday !

Superb.

What about the sound ?

I want to hear it first through my bb, then decission will be made.

Lykkemark

ps. (good postjob so far Josh)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 2-1/2" Sweet Thunder chambered inserts in Hooker Sidepipes.I think they are a little too loud for me, but i use earplug. :laughing: :rolling:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
How hard were the Sweet Thunders to install in the Hookers? I just put Hookers and side pipes on my 81.
The side pipes have baffles in them. I'm not sure about
how to remove the baffles but I guess it can't be that hard. I was going to leave them alone but I like the sound of yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts