Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight at the monthly Plant City show I am walking around with Dad (bob88) and we head back to the cars there are a few guys hovering around my car. When we walk up a guy parked next to me pointed and said "he owns it" and Guy #1 just starts bombarding me with questions. How did you do this? Where did you get that? Then the big one,
Guy#1 "Who put that supercharger on there?"
Me: "I did."
G1: "No, really? Do you do that for a living?"
Me: "Na. it's just a hobby. Why don't you buy one and we'll do it to your car."
G1: "Man this car is amazing, you did a great job."
Me: "Thanks"

There was a ton more to the conversation I won't bore you with but this is the first time I got to bring it to the PC show and I'm there every month. I have been taking dad's T-bucket but the "my cars not ready yet" excuse ran out of time so I had to get mine together and bring it.:laughing:
It was just a great feeling to have put all the work into that I have and have people just gush all over it. Asking me questions about the gauges and interior, SC and such. It was like being a proud papa all over again and to be able to say "I did it" was just an awesome feeling.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Thats a cool story, you did a great job. Can I ship you my car over the winter??LOL

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Right on raid, There is nothing better than being able to say " I did it" :thumbsup:
Thats my favorite part of modding the Vette :devil:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
It was just a great feeling to have put all the work into that I have and have people just gush all over it. Asking me questions about the gauges and interior, SC and such. It was like being a proud papa all over again and to be able to say "I did it" was just an awesome feeling.
:partyon: LOVE IT! You go Vette Dog.:partyon:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
That'll make ya feel good!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't wait to get back out there and see it.

If you are ever zooming east with that beast, drop down my way.
I'd like to swing by but just to check out your 85. My car is boring next to that one.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Purty cool!:partyon: But, did I just miss the thread with all those hundreds of pics and vids of the install and the first action with the supercharger?:thud:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sweet deal dude! Your car has come a long way, and deserves all the respect it gets. I still remember the tan interior and steel valve covers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hell yeah you did it, and it looks darn good.

Im in Panama City for the next week working up here, why dont you swing by so that we can meet and I can check out the car.

Mike

:smack :smack

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's pretty badass, but you'll never catch me in Plant City.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
That's pretty badass, but you'll never catch me in Plant City.
It's been a loong time but a group of us used to go when we had a local F-body group together. Most of us couldn't participate because the cars were too new. A few of the '69 owners did though and we supported them. IT was kind of a hometown carnival atmosphere. Local talent, neat old cars, carnival food...the smell, sounds, sights were a blast. Just got old after a while:( Been a couple years though. Maybe it's time to do it again:thumbsup:

Raid, congrats on the compliments:cheers: I'm sure thery're well deserved. You gonna post up some good pics of that dash any time soon or did I miss them?

BTW, happy fathers day bro:cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
....It was like being a proud papa all over again and to be able to say "I did it" was just an awesome feeling.
That is one of the best parts of doing mods...second only to driving down the road knowing you built it!!!! :partyon:

Congrats!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I am sooo looking forward to finishing one of my projects..... specifically the Vette!!!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Raid, congrats on the compliments I'm sure thery're well deserved. You gonna post up some good pics of that dash any time soon or did I miss them?
It's evolving again. I feel kinda like Jeff and his stereo.:laughing: I am taking it apart as we speak to try something else. Stay tuned.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
It's evolving again. I feel kinda like Jeff and his stereo.:laughing: I am taking it apart as we speak to try something else. Stay tuned.

oh no, what are you doing now:laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts