Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my Corvette Blog

That's right, we said yellow. The super secret (SS) Corvette has been spotted once again on a GM test track by the hound dogs at Popular Mechanics and this time the car was wearing a Velocity Yellow paint job. So for those of you who are counting, we've seen the Blue Devil/SS in Black, Red, Blue and now Yellow.

Another intesting tidbit is the fact that Popular Mechanics refers to the Blue Devil/SS in two other monikers I have yet seen reported anywhere else: The ZRS and the Grand Sport S.

Keith

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
I heard that the fifth wheel in back is supposed to add 50 RWHP:laughing:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Any idea what the ZRS designation comes from? Is that a little tie in to the old ZR1 engine?

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
On the blue one, did you notice the black plastic in front on the rear tires to protect the paint on the rear rocker panels?

Jr.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I like the little wings. Reminds me of the Lingenfelter rear end.

Ahem, is it just me or did they take these pics from 8 miles away with a camera phone? :huh:

·
Registered
175 Posts
whats the deal with teh bicycle wheel on the back of the vlue one.... is this a new wheelie bar option hahaha:laughing:

·
Registered
710 Posts
On the blue one, did you notice the black plastic in front on the rear tires to protect the paint on the rear rocker panels?

Jr.
Its not for paint protection. Its a Gurney lip to help reduce lift and keep air turbulence out of the rear tire well at high speeds.

http://www.allamericanracers.com/gurney_flap.html

Any idea what the ZRS designation comes from? Is that a little tie in to the old ZR1 engine?
ZR-S nomenclature; S = Supercharged.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Gracias!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
whats the deal with teh bicycle wheel on the back of the vlue one.... is this a new wheelie bar option hahaha:laughing:
testing equipment

Car mags used to use 5th wheels all the time, but they are rare since gps devices have been introduced. I wonder why Chevy is using old school test equipment.

·
Registered
911 Posts
All the car mags have been pulling names out of their asses since day 1 and never seem to come up with the right one. I think it's pretty much confirmed at this point that the car will be the Corvette SS, regardless of what the enthusiasts think it should be called.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
testing equipment

Car mags used to use 5th wheels all the time, but they are rare since gps devices have been introduced. I wonder why Chevy is using old school test equipment.
Times are tough at GM. Maybe this is the first visible sign of where some of the cutbacks were performed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
testing equipment

Looks like they're doing braking tests. Maybe the old school wheel offers greater precision/is easier to use over short distances?

·
Registered
64 Posts
GM engineering discussion:
Engineer 1: "So, why are we trying to put wider tires to hook up better? I say we just add a fifth wheel and that'll do the trick."
Engineer 2: "Brilliant!":D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts