Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from yet another new member.

Bulleted bio for those bored enough to read it:
  • Texas born and bred (and Bush isn't really a Texan, friends)
  • Was enlisted in the USAF for 9 years in a formerly classified career field (and I still tend to use a lot of bulleted lists, an artifact from those days)
  • Currently working as a radiochemist in Vienna, Austria for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
  • Long-haired, goateed and both ears pierced (anyone who doesn't like it can bugger off)
  • Have been a gearhead since I was old enough to know what cars are (and the first car ride I can recall was in my dad's '68 Camaro)
  • Historically, I have been a Mopar owner (only non-Mopar to date was a '69 Chevelle during my first tour in the USAF)
  • Currently sans driveable car (and I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of getting one imported to Austria, which is a bureaucratic nightmare)
  • I chanced upon a picture of a '06 Z06 and after seeing the specs as well I fell in love, literally
  • Accordingly, the '70 Super Bee project car sitting back home in Texas will never get that resto and Hemi power, since as soon as I get back next July I will buy/order a Z06

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,450 Posts
Welcome Texan, Ahh Texas. The second biggest state :laughing: We have a bunch here from Texas as well as everywhere else. If you think you are in love now just wait until you sit in one and drive it away, love will become Ecstasy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Torch said:
If you think you are in love now just wait until you sit in one and drive it away, love will become Ecstasy.
I can imagine, really. I have driven a friend's '68 Charger with a worked-over 528ci crate Hemi (puts out around 600hp) back by a Keisler 5-speed, so the power should be nothing new to me, but that low, aggressive ride (coupled with actual handling and braking ability, for once) will be something totally new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts