Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This isn't a really mind-blowing discovery but its very helpful if you autocross and have to deal with removing all those cone scuffs. After getting a few events in in the past few months (before winter set in) with my Z06 I found the passenger side was covered in cone scuffs. I have previously autocrossed my E36 BMW 3 series and it took some getting used to the wider car so for the first event I was always clipping cones on the passenger side. As most of you know if the car is waxed it helps make the scuff marks easier to remove, and lets face it if your in the detail forum your car is probably nicely waxed! Well what I found is that after you wash your car after an event, a bit of detail spray and a light rub with the waffle-weave drying towel takes the cone scuffs right off! Its almost effortless! It made quick work of cleaning up the entire passenger side of my car! I was amazed at how easy it was. Just wanted to pass along the info to anyone else out there that likes to detail and enjoy their cars on an AutoX course!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
When I go to HPD Road Course Events I use Adam's detail spray before each session.It seems to keep the melted rubber from sticking. The melted rubber wipes right off with the Details Spray after the session.

:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts