Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,555 Posts
i had an 89' that i put the wedges in,it only went down 1".i pulled the wedges out and it dropped about another 3/4".look at Da Hawaiian Punchs 91'(the c4 with the wing)his has no wedges either.but the wedges go on the spring itself.right were the spring contacts the body,about a foot inboard from each wheel.lower control arms?:huh: are those the end rubber spring protectors your talking about Pat.thers two aluminum brackets on the spring,i took those off,cut the rubber off the spring.trimmed about 1/4" off the brackets and put back together.
contact Da Punch,he'll post the whole instuction(detailed).
like Patrick said,that rubber is murder to cut off.thats if you want it slammed.Punch even has a picture of the 89 and the 91.post pictures when your done.:buhbye:

· Registered
12,555 Posts
ya that might be a good way to approach it if you dont want to go really low.i'm assuming you already know how to do the rear.it took me about two weeks to get the back perfectly level.i'm so anal about that.it was to the point i would go under a crank one side a quarter turn.ahh,finally.make sure you use grade 8 bolts if you change any out.:thumbsup:

· Registered
12,555 Posts
BAD civic said:
i dont mean to hi jack this thread but, if you intall coil overs, exactly how low can you go? also how would you adjust the height on a coil over system, iv never used adjustable suspensions before
theres a member on here from the netherlands-Johnny,he has coil overs on his.maybe he'll check in soon.
take a look at how low Da Hawaiian Punchs c4 is.he has stock suspension,and it is low.i think his car is in the 'gallery'.

· Registered
12,555 Posts
good job billyhay,take some pictures if you can.i know when you do the rear it seems like your relaxing the spring,but when you let the car down the spring rate is the same.with some custom shocks and a lowered car,you can really help your launchs if your into racing,and wheel-hop is no more(for those that have it).
Synn,if this helps anymore,dont worry about the rubber on the control arms,thats only if you want the car really low.
for a really low car-cut the rubber off the spring,do not install wedges and trim the rubber off the control arms.
Synn,have you looked at your spring yet?it makes alot more sense when you can picture the spring and rubber.the rubber on the spring is about 3 times as thick as the wedges.

· Registered
12,555 Posts
remember too,if you alsm the car the shocks will be toast before to long.then get the revalved bilsteins for lowered cars about 600 bucks or the QA-1 adjustables.there better than any stock shock too.;)

· Registered
12,555 Posts
Hawaiian Punch said:
Todd my friend what the heck is "alsm"?!?!? :laughing:
:laughing: you know how tired i am after work sometimes:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.