Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some new wheels and tires on the way, now I want to lower it. I have the kit. Should I install the wedges? Is it lower with the wedges or without? What do I use to glue them on? Do I cut the outside (by the lower control arm) rubber off too?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Yo Patrick (Or any other lowering experts)

Patrick96LT4 said:
Hey bud!

Yes, you'll drop 3/4" to 1" by cutting the rubber off the lower control arm. The person that did it for me used a saws-all to slices through it and save time (it'd take quite a while with a hack saw). He left an 1/16" of rubber there then slathered it in white grease.

Hmmm.....did you only cut the rubber by the control arms? I thought the rubber you were supposed to cut off was where the spring touched the frame.

Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo
but the wedges go on the spring itself.right were the spring contacts the body,about a foot inboard from each wheel
That is what I thought, but I haven't taken it apart yet. I only want to drop it an inch or so, should I put the wedges in?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hawaiian Punch, thank you. I read those instructions while doing a search which led me to the question on whether to use the wedges or not. I don't want to go as low as your car is. The roads up here are in very bad shape from all the snowplows, my car would never survive being that low. I would like an approximate 1 inch drop, should I put the wedges in?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it's done! :excited:

Thanks for the help Hawaiian Punch. :cheers: I ended up cutting off the inside mounts, and ditching the shims that were between the mounts and the frame. I put in the wedges that came with the kit. I didn't touch the rubber on the ends by the control arms.

Result, I lost 3/4 of an inch up front and 1 and 1/4 inches out back. The car still sits higher in the back by 3/4 of an inch. Looks perfect. :excited:

It was a PITA to do the front. You wouldn't think 3/4 of an inch would make that big a difference, but it does. Looks awesome! Pics will come soon. (I took some, but they didn't come out very good)

Thanks again everyone.......look for it at Carlisle. :buhbye:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.