3.) Tire Pressure at the MAX.
4.) Battery Tender Installed
5.) Car covers put on
6.) Mouse traps put around the garage

What are yours?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Same as yours except I bought one of those "covers" you drive into and zip shut. I didn't use it last year but it did come with 6 of those moisture sucking brown pouches..silca gel? I will dry them out and put inside car to prevent mildew.
I may be looking to sell the bag, it's a decent weight vinyl, made by a company in Michigan.

Something I have done is over the top of the fabric car cover is to put a couple painters drop cloths, the cheap clear plastic ones. When I go to uncover the car, I take those off and throw the dust and all in the garbage, it doesn't wind up on the fabric cover.

First year for me with the vert, anyone do anyting different about the top other than clean it good first?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use a carbag for mine. I might be overkill, but it works for me....

1) Full tank of gas and full detail of car
2) Drive onto bag and up onto Tire Guards
3) Use drypacks and Irish Spring Soap Bars inside car and Soap bars in engine compartment
4) Remove battery and store with a charger in the basement
5) Drypacks outside car (inside car bag)
6) Steelwool pads one in each tailpipe
7) Put car cover on
8) Zip up car bag
9) Wait til spring........:(

I do this mostly because it's tough to get up my driveway in the winter even if there's the slightest film of ice on it. (My driveway faces North). Plus I get to save a little on the insurance.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
USPRIDE has reminded me....I cancel the collision on my insurance while in storage, it saves almost half. Glad to see that I'm not the only nut job with a bag...for the car that is. :D

I have heard of some finance companies (if car is financed) wanting to sell mandatory policies. A friend of mine did this with his son's truck that was financed by GMAC and the billed him, he called and explained vehicle was in storage while son was at school and they backed off. Call your finance folks first.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Wash and clean real good.
Tire black the tires.
Polish the chrome rims.
Clean the windows.
Check oil and other fluids.
Check air in tires.

Store away till next Saturday. :laughing: :laughing: In Florida we only store during the week. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
No winter storage this year. The vette will be in Lauderdale.:D

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Bob88con said:
Wash and clean real good.
Tire black the tires.
Polish the chrome rims.
Clean the windows.
Check oil and other fluids.
Check air in tires.

Store away till next Saturday. :laughing: :laughing: In Florida we only store during the week. :laughing: :laughing:
But us Northern folks don't have to dodge all those old folks driving their white Mercury Marquis as they head to the "senior citizen" brunches.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I drive mine year round. I miss my choke in the winter.
Vettes aren't meant for storage, they are meant for driving! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'll spend this winter dodging collage girls, FSU and FAMU are here....
I moved south so I'd never have to put my toys away again!
:thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
JCswm said:
I'll spend this winter dodging collage girls, FSU and FAMU are here....
I moved south so I'd never have to put my toys away again!
:thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:
Watch it JCswm! My daughter will be attending FSU next year.:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cover, pull battery cables (at 14 volts a battery should not freeze or lose it's charge unless it's old) inside storage. I can't believe nobody mentioned a fresh oil change before putting it away!
Got to store mine, it simply would not function in -40C for a month at a time like we get here...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts