Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun Control ? keep it civil and don't attack someone for there view just want to hear everyones :)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Don't we have gun control? I had to fill out paper work and wait for the state to process the paper work before getting my FOID card. Then when I went to the gun store to purchase a firearm (92FS), had to wait three days I think before I could pick it up. They called it the "Cool down period".

I would like to see the finger print of each gun in a database so law enforcement can track down guns that are used during a crime.

:cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
We have the "Instant Check" system here in Tennessee. Works out pretty good. Overall, Gun Control laws don't work. Any criminal can get a gun anytime they want. The laws only affect us law abiding citizens. That's the part that sucks!

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
H P Bushrod said:
We have the "Instant Check" system here in Tennessee. Works out pretty good. Overall, Gun Control laws don't work. Any criminal can get a gun anytime they want. The laws only affect us law abiding citizens. That's the part that sucks!
Gun control? There isn't much control at all. Other then making handguns completely illegal to own, there are few "gun laws" that will make much of a dent.

That said, I do not own a gun.

But, I reserve the right to beat the living **** out of a home-intruder with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It's like controlling drugs. If you want it, you'll get it. Where's the control?

The whole reason behind the so called gun control laws are the violent crimes committed by people intent on murder.

A much better control would be public lynchings for murders, and maybe greasing the gallows now and then with a lawyer.

B

·
0 Posts
No one controlls the amount of guns you can own...Hell, I have a **** load!

I wish this state would allow its law abiding citizenry to carry concealed!!! That will never happen in this tree hugging liberal state!!!!!!

I love hearing stories in roll call about citizens blasting away these **** bags that break into their houses or try to rob them...I LOVE IT!!!!!:partyon:

·
Banned
2,920 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
No one controlls the amount of guns you can own...Hell, I have a **** load!

I wish this state would allow its law abiding citizenry to carry concealed!!! That will never happen in this tree hugging liberal state!!!!!!

I love hearing stories in roll call about citizens blasting away these **** bags that break into their houses or try to rob them...I LOVE IT!!!!!:partyon:
:agree: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Pack'm

I think it the responsibility of the Citizens to arm themselves and help keep the country and personal property safe.

I lived in an are known for break ins in LA. I put a sticker on the window by the streetside door "Expect No Mercy".

The police follow up on crimes. The citizens prevent crime:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Guns are not needed it is as simple as that.

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
I agree with you totally that one needs to arm himself, mainly a law enforcement officer, when faced with danger but I never got the concept of owning or firing a gun. Is it to show power or is it to show that you can kill a weaker animal with a more advanced weapon?

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
corvetteC6-9 said:
Guns are not needed it is as simple as that.
oh yeah, well just throw rocks at bank robbers, terrorists and people who do have guns!

But then we would need to make rock laws!

Guns don't kill people, people do. If there was no guns there would be knives, bombs, toxic chemicals, acid, baseball bats, steel toe boots, broken glass, baseballs, golf balls, bow and arrows, swords, forks, fishing hooks, hands, navy seals, ninjas, people with big hands, cars, air bags, hot coffie, computers mouses, sand paper, plastic bags, hair dryers, fire and things that catch on fire, load music, train tracks, lasers, death rays, missles, the force, words, radioactive things, long poles, aids, paper clips, sharp metal, heavy things, tables...and uh....well your hands

The point is that you can kill somone with anything, guns just make that easier and if we get rid of people that misuse guns then we we have nothing to worry about.

And besides, gun control isn't about the guns, its about the control

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Patrick said:
This thread is from January 2003... :laughing:
So? If we made a new thead it would be locked and C5D would show a link to this or another page about gun control

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

:laughing:

·
Registered
0 Posts
corvetteC6-9 said:
I agree with you totally that one needs to arm himself, mainly a law enforcement officer, when faced with danger but I never got the concept of owning or firing a gun. Is it to show power or is it to show that you can kill a weaker animal with a more advanced weapon?
Gun ownership can be alot like Vette ownership.

Do everyone need or even want a Vette?
Is Vette ownership all about more power and street kills?
Does Vette ownership make you a more macho person?

There are a whole lot of reasons people own guns:

Amy is a target shooter we hope to see in the Olympics one day.
There are antique and military gun collectors.
There are hunters who's licensing pays for management of a healthy game environment.
There are folks living in areas that demand personal protection.
There are shopkeepers who's lives depend on having a weapon close at hand.
There are some who believe gun ownership insures a free democracy.

Guns are tools. Use them or abuse them. Make then work for or against you. It's a personal decision of course.

As for me, I'd much rather have them and never need to use them, than need to use a gun and not have one.

JMHO,
D

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
corvetteC6-9 said:
Is it to show power or is it to show that you can kill a weaker animal with a more advanced weapon?
I respect your view. Since you asked,

I no longer hunt with a gun for reasons similar to your statement. I hunt with a bow for food not trophys, i fish for food. I never catch and release fish. I do not beleive in torturing animals for sport :spanked: But, I have accepted my position a a predator on this earth :D

For personal protection, I beleive it is your resposnibility to arm yourself with training and weapons to protect yourself. :thumbsup:

- I grew up in Miami, racing cars put my around a lot of "bad" guys.
- I have been a contract employee in the middle of a war in Asia.
- I have been kicked out of a country for surviving a bloody cain cutter knife brawl in a bar in Jamaica.
- I had to make my way home thru the middle of the rioting areas, during the LA riots.
- Mulitple times over the years I have had to call on my skills to avoid being seriously hurt or to prevent someone else from being hurt.

I also beleive in Law Enforcement laws for violent crimes. I also am confident Wyatt will show up and take your story after the crime and do their best to find the criminal.

I prefer not to be a victem is at all possible. I you haven't noticed I like to quote movies so. From "Who'll Stop the Rain "Defense is an art that I cultivate". :thumbsup: :partyon: :whip:

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
I'd rather have a gun and not need it than vice versa. As for gun control, I agree that it affects law-abiding citizens the most. Criminals buy their guns from shady gund dealers (these need to be dealt with) or just steal them. All of the gun control in the world won't stop that.

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Thank you Dann for clarifying but I still don't need a gun:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts