Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my stock rims for the black Z06 motorsports. The stockers are sitting in my garage. I showed them to Sherrifd2 yesterday and he was shocked to see that they were Chrome.
Now, I bought the Vette with 892 miles on it one year after the production date. These Rims are stamped with the GM logo on the inside so I beleive that they are the stock rims.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Maybe the prior owner or dealer sent the wheels out to be chrome plated?

·
Registered
402 Posts
BTW, How ya doing Roy??? It was great meeting you at SM :thumbsup:
Hi Pat. It was great meeting you and your lovely Loretta. You need to update your signature since I see no reference to your new Maggie.

I had to replace my front rotors (Cryo treated PowerSlots) because I cracked them at Spring Mountain. I'm going with cheaper rotors (I bought Ate and Raybestos rotors) to see how they work and am treating them as expendable items like tires. I have an oil cooler on order for running at the track this summer. I'm headed to the Streets of Willow on Sat May 26 (check out speedtrialusa dot com and see if you recognize the second car in the home page photo;) ). Since Spring Mountain I also added Aaron Pfadt's camber plates to my car to get better cornering bite out of my tires.

I hope to see you at some future track event.
Take care. Say hi to Loretta for me.
Roy.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Interesting, I met a guy on the One lap of America that had an 02 Z06 and he also claimed his wheels were stock and they were chrome. When I asked him about the wheels he said thats how the car came. I don't recall if he was the only owner of the car or not though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts