Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Your Vette(s) new/used? (multiple votes ok)

• New

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Used

Votes: 31 79.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
My next Vette will be older. Unless Chevy makes a new retro C2 or C3

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JCswm said:
My next Vette will be older. Unless Chevy makes a new retro C2 or C3
I'm the 3rd owner, I got it with 11k miles.

But, I want to buy a wasted C2 conv't or C3 t-top car and restore it to new condition. N

Not to "factory" standards, but so it's a great cruiser and it is custom made for me. So, that would mean a non-matching #s motor, custom paint and custom wheels, lots of modern suspension components, and some cool interior work.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
This one was a two owner. Bought new ones before, and that has its advantages also.

Good idea about restoring an older one. I did that with a C3 convertible before. It turned out to be a pretty nice car, real fun to drive. :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
my car was 2 years old with 21,000 miles.best car iv'e ever owned.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
My 88 was used.

They next one I buy would be a used one as well. I would be WAY too over protective if I bought it scratchless.

·
Registered
173 Posts
1985 Coupe...

bought it a couple of months ago. Technically, I am the third owner. I bought it from Steve Hunter who sells Corvette parts on ebay. He bought the car to part out. When he verified it was a one owner and noticed it was too nice to part out (72,000 miles)He advertised it and I bought it. Steve only had it for a few months. Wow, this car was an eyelash away from a death of dismemberment. There will be a happy ending for this car.:)
Roger

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Re: 1985 Coupe...

Roger said:
bought it a couple of months ago. Technically, I am the third owner. I bought it from Steve Hunter who sells Corvette parts on ebay. He bought the car to part out. When he verified it was a one owner and noticed it was too nice to part out (72,000 miles)He advertised it and I bought it. Steve only had it for a few months. Wow, this car was an eyelash away from a death of dismemberment. There will be a happy ending for this car.:)
Roger

:partyon:

Another one saved!

·
Registered
216 Posts
All three of our C4's were used, and for what we paid for the three we could have bought an awesome used C5, but I've yet to see one I liked as much as any of our C4's.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts