Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Your Vette(s) new/used? (multiple votes ok)

• New

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Used

Votes: 31 79.5%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JCswm said:
My next Vette will be older. Unless Chevy makes a new retro C2 or C3
I'm the 3rd owner, I got it with 11k miles.

But, I want to buy a wasted C2 conv't or C3 t-top car and restore it to new condition. N

Not to "factory" standards, but so it's a great cruiser and it is custom made for me. So, that would mean a non-matching #s motor, custom paint and custom wheels, lots of modern suspension components, and some cool interior work.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
This one was a two owner. Bought new ones before, and that has its advantages also.

Good idea about restoring an older one. I did that with a C3 convertible before. It turned out to be a pretty nice car, real fun to drive. :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
my car was 2 years old with 21,000 miles.best car iv'e ever owned.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
My 88 was used.

They next one I buy would be a used one as well. I would be WAY too over protective if I bought it scratchless.

·
Registered
173 Posts
1985 Coupe...

bought it a couple of months ago. Technically, I am the third owner. I bought it from Steve Hunter who sells Corvette parts on ebay. He bought the car to part out. When he verified it was a one owner and noticed it was too nice to part out (72,000 miles)He advertised it and I bought it. Steve only had it for a few months. Wow, this car was an eyelash away from a death of dismemberment. There will be a happy ending for this car.:)
Roger

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Re: 1985 Coupe...

Roger said:
bought it a couple of months ago. Technically, I am the third owner. I bought it from Steve Hunter who sells Corvette parts on ebay. He bought the car to part out. When he verified it was a one owner and noticed it was too nice to part out (72,000 miles)He advertised it and I bought it. Steve only had it for a few months. Wow, this car was an eyelash away from a death of dismemberment. There will be a happy ending for this car.:)
Roger

:partyon:

Another one saved!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.