Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 60 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I've owned two of those cars. The 928 and the Vette. Different cars, different world. The Porsche was a slippery soft cocoon that you could drive with two fingers at 150 MPH and it was still as quiet as a church. It's a GT car and the Vette is a sports car. Drive the 928 all day and you felt like you just took a trip to the local store to buy some milk.

Just a note, my 928 had the longest timing belt that I've ever changed.. 82 1/2 inches.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

There is a C4 down in Australia than runs deep 5's in 1/4.
Has a Supercharged Top Fuel Keith Black Hemi running on Nitromethane.
Steve used to post that C4 Corvette on CFC4.

Even faster than Big Chief & the Crow GTO.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
We all have our moments, bud. Lord knows when I trashed my TT I put down a few before I tore it apart..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npfkId8c-SY

But I am able to build my racecar because day to day I don't drink. Maybe that is what is holding you back?
It's funny your name Never comes up with Racing Legends in around Joliet and Chicago Illinois.
Not even mentioned as an EFI Tuner or Racing Mechanic.

Need to Line up next to A Dodge Demon or a Mopar Musclecar with that new 1000 Hp Hellephant with your mid 12 C5.
Video and post results for us.
A pitifull Race Car You built and own.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

I went To Rockford Yesterday to buy an original Fan shroud for the 1970-1/2 Trans Am.
Repros all incorrect & super rare any original.

The Guy also had this....1970 1/2 Firebird - Trans Am Rear Bumper.
1 little ding rest is really nice.
Going to take advantage of the New Corvette Job I start soon.
They specialize in Bloomington Gold Restorations.
I want this rear bumper Triple Show Chrome plated for my T/A.
Original on car now has some chrome burn from being almost 50 years old.
One of the Koolest features on the 1970-1/2 Birds...Chrome wrap around rear bumper.
Its light also, maybe 12 lbs only.

Even the correct 1970-1971 rear bumper brackets are intact.
No twist no major damage lays flat on a table top.

Paid just $75 !

Value true maybe $750 !:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
It's funny your name Never comes up with Racing Legends in around Joliet and Chicago Illinois.
Not even mentioned as an EFI Tuner or Racing Mechanic.
Ummm, It doesn't hurt that I am not known in one of if not THE crime capitol of our country. It actually makes me feel a little safer and helps me to sleep at night. Thanks, Brian. :thumbsup: And good luck sleeping tonight.;)

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Well it is faster than your DD and it is faster than your racecar and it doesn't need to be anything more than that. :devil:
Just answer Yes this Fall and Street Race.

Late November even better.
Make it a 32 F Day.
Sumner Tires and drag tires fail to grip at all.

True Street Outlaws.
1 mistake driving you die.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Ummm, It doesn't hurt that I am not known in one of if not THE crime capitol of our country. It actually makes me feel a little safer and helps me to sleep at night. Thanks, Brian. :thumbsup: And good luck sleeping tonight.;)
One of the Worst Mass Shootings Homicides happened just miles from You in Orlando.
The Night club shootings.

People hid under Corpses to hide from that Gunman.

A US MARINE HAD NO WEAPON GUN........GUN FREE ZONE.

NOT SO SAFE AFTER ALL SOUTH FLORIDA.

DON'T FORGET THE HURRICANES....HURRICANE SEASON COMING AGAIN 2019.
HOLY **** TIME ONCE AGAIN.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Just answer Yes this Fall and Street Race.

Late November even better.
Make it a 32 F Day.
Sumner Tires and drag tires fail to grip at all.

True Street Outlaws.
1 mistake driving you die.
I am pretty certain that by November 20 years from now that car wont be on the road. In fact I would put money on that. And no I don't die at the first mistake. That is for old mentalities and old cars. That is for YOU. In a true fit of intelligence I built my racecar out of a late model. I have many layers of safety making sure I walk away. And on top of that my car was produced decades after crash testing was employed to aid in vehicle designs. In contrast your 1970 was produced over a decade before crash testing even began. So yes at the first sign of trouble in your unrestored 1970 you will likely get hurt or worse.

And that is why I can not race you. Because I don't want that on my head. To race someone that commits suicide. If you want to be real about racing me than you will need to get something better than that crusty old rotten ****, man. And seriously I am bolting new stainless steel parts to my car. You are finding rusted rotted out junkyard parts and claiming you are gonna race me? What the hell is wrong with you, dude?

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
One of the Worst Mass Shootings Homicides happened just miles from You in Orlando.
The Night club shootings.

People hid under Corpses to hide from that Gunman.

A US MARINE HAD NO WEAPON GUN........GUN FREE ZONE.

NOT SO SAFE AFTER ALL SOUTH FLORIDA.

DON'T FORGET THE HURRICANES....HURRICANE SEASON COMING AGAIN 2019.
HOLY **** TIME ONCE AGAIN.
It is absolutely hysterical to me that with all the school shootings and religious backed hate crimes, you would point out the one attack at the lgbt bar. :rolling:

And our hurricanes are the best of all the disasters to contend with buddy. We have a warning of a week or more before a disaster hits us. You wont get that with a tornado or earthquake. And I think that probably also has to do with why the cost of living is so high down here.

41 - 60 of 161 Posts