Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read that ALL 2008 will get the TR 6060 and also that ONLY the Z06 will get the TR 6060.

I recently ordered a ’08 from Conti for museum delivery. So far I have nothing but good things to say about the experience, I will let start a new thread (with pictures) when I finally take possession.

This AM I read this article: http://www.windingroadonline.com/wi...io=36&EMC-JulyEBAY=&attr=corvettetxt&ov=002S9
It states that 2008 Z-51 standard transmission will be the TR 6060 with either the mm6 or mz6 gears.
This made me wonder, what comes with the Z51 package? GM says: Z51 specific 6-speed manual transmission.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The Z-51 package is the same as last year (coolers, stiffer suspension, supercar tires and different transmission ratios). The T-6060 is in all corvettes for 2008 (including Z-51) and it is a HUGE improvement over the old T56. I drove a 2008 coupe which sold me to order an 2008.

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Just FYI: Don't ever, ever read Winding Road...:lookinup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just FYI: Don't ever, ever read Winding Road...:lookinup:
Why should we never read Winding Road? They seem to be just as good as any other general automotive publication. In fact, at least for me, I like the digital format much better than the printed versions. Plus, at least for the reader, it's free.............They aren't based in Iran or North Korea are they?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Probably it is the whole 'Blue Devil fake' thing that they did for humor that totally wiped out every last ounce of their credibility...

However, the tranny is now the TR 6060.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow I didn't realize that it was a whole new tranny, just thought it was an improved shifter.

This changes things a lot. Makes us '05s think about trading up instead of modding when our 3 year warranty is up this year.

But then the C7 is only a few years away after that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This new TR6060 is the best trany yet. Much smoother, precise shifting, with a shorter throw making the 08's a joy to drive. Not to mention, power shifting! ;)

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
what they mean in the article is that your getting a new tranny but youll have the same gear ratios, 50, 70, 100, 155, ~200 (havent gotten there yet) and 250+mph i like the gear rations in the z51, short enough to let you row through the gears but tall enough that if you row all the way to 5th your doing well over 100 :).

id be interested in how much a t6060 vette spec would cost when giving my t56 as a core, if everything that has been said is true it sounds like an amazing tranny. i think the t56s are pretty strong tho, look at how much power perry is putting into his.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Why should we never read Winding Road? They seem to be just as good as any other general automotive publication. In fact, at least for me, I like the digital format much better than the printed versions. Plus, at least for the reader, it's free.............They aren't based in Iran or North Korea are they?
Because they've intentionally played games with the Corvette community through deception, and they are no friend of this website.

I'd flush their digital publication down my digital toilet. You never know what is true and what isn't.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Because they've intentionally played games with the Corvette community through deception, and they are no friend of this website.

I'd flush their digital publication down my digital toilet. You never know what is true and what isn't.:rolleyes:

Thanks Patrick (& Schuyler) your opinions mean a lot. I will still read it, but now with much more caution. I wonder if I should consider them to be the same as news reporters. Shallow thinking reactionaries that are more concerned with hype, ratings and deadlines than the truth. Before retiring I spent 35 years working in the emergency services and it never ceased to amaze me how some reporters would distort reality.

You also said that they are no friend of this web site; have they said or done anything directly to us or do you mean their distortion of the facts have caused us problems?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts