Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is time to get new tires for my Z, got 10 months and 15,500 miles out of my first set.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody (I am sure everybody does) has a suggestion on where I can get the best deal?

I have found all four for about $450 per tire. Thanks in advance for the info.

:thumbsup:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Well I have been in need of new tires for a while. I've been shopping and got Discount Tire down to 860 out the door. Mounting, balancing and including tax. That's for the rear tires only. I can milk some more miles out of the
front tires.

Jr.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got $435 and $420 from the dealer. $420 for the rears, odd that the rears were cheaper than the fronts, but they said it is a supply issue. The Goodyears come with a pretty solid warrenty, free fixes so long as they have 2 mill left. As far as road hazzard, I am really surprised someone would offer that on these tires. I know the last time I went to the local Discount they wanted $800 for one tire no warranty.

I looked at Tirerack.com and they are $398 front and $368 rear, so they look like they are leading right now. Just wondering if anybody has any other suggestions. I am not really thrilled to spend $2,000+ but if I have too I have too. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
You can go local with Tire pros in Scottsdale. I bought my Toyo's from them and got a great deal.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
so what you guys are saying when i go to purchase my used vette i should pay close attention to the tires since they are really expensive to replace , any pointers of what i should be looking for anything obvious?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Were talking about sizes to fit the Z06 Chuck. If you pickup a non Z06 model the tires are a little cheaper, and unless you are racing alot you should get at least 30K to 50K miles out of them. The C6 Z06 takes a 325/30/ZR19 on the rear and as far as I know the Goodyear EMT is the only one that size. So you put that with only a few thousand buying that size and you come up with $$$$$$$$$$.

For a C6 convertible you can put tires on for around $250 to $300 each or less on sale.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts

What do you think, am I getting every mile out of these bad boy's or what?

I still do my 5th to 2nd at 68 mph with very little wheel spin:D

Jr.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

What do you think, am I getting every mile out of these bad boy's or what?

I still do my 5th to 2nd at 68 mph with very little wheel spin:D

Jr.
You still have about 1/32 left when the wear bars disappear. I'd say another 5000 or so.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Then

Now

I only had the rear tires done, 858.50 out the door. They took off the front wheels and cleaned the brake dust off the back of the rim.:thumbsup: I was surprised to see them clean all four wheels and they didn't mess up the rim at all. When I left and made my first right turn, well let me just say one word. "Slippery". I took care of that and broke them in last night.

I have this in my garage, it was from my CTS-V. I stretch every mile out of my tires:laughing:

Jr.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How many miles did you get out of the CTS-V tires? I hear they don't last long. I was at a Goodyear dealer with my C6 Coupe getting a nail fixed and there was a guy in there with a CTS-V pissed because he needed tires and I think he said he had 6,600 on the car. He looked at mine and I had I think about 9,000 on the car. My tires looked brand new his were about as bald as bald can be. I left and he went back in I assume to yell some more. Felt sorry for the Goodyear guys working there, not like the put that tire on that car.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts