Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Z06 ,In December 2006 my Z06 was outside in freezing temp. when I returned to my car the passenger side door would not open. It eventually reset once it got warmer. These are the symptoms, and they still exist . When I get in my car in the morning(garaged & not freezing)the red light is blinking on the door,the window is partially down, as if the door started the opening sequence by itself. The door will not open ,and it eventually resets after some time. I have taken it to my local dealer maybe 4 times , and they've said they repaired the problem each time, only for it to reoccur. Has anyone had this same problem? If yes ,please help. Should I take this isssue to another level, since my local dealer cant correct it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad touchpad. When closing the door, does the window index repeatedly? The touch pad is only $12 and an easy fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The local dealer said they replaced the door pad on my second return. The first time they said did something to some relays? The third time they replaced a computer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wouldn't normally advocate this for a Vette, but if you've had it in 4 times now for the exact same issue with still no fix, I'd consider Lemon Law.

I've had to go through this process myself on an F350 with the Diesel engine. Loved the truck, but hey, for what you pay for things these days you should expect it to work as it should.

Keep ALL of your records and put together a quick documented history of what etc... was done.

You paid good money for this car, and deserve to have it work as it was oringinally designed.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Zo6 Door Issue

I'am across the pound from you in same temps but never had that happen If you been to delear 4 times I would go a step furtherabove them for more help or lemmon law.Good luck hope it gets fixed.:buhbye:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 2006 Z06 ,In December 2006 my Z06 was outside in freezing temp. when I returned to my car the passenger side door would not open. It eventually reset once it got warmer. These are the symptoms, and they still exist . When I get in my car in the morning(garaged & not freezing)the red light is blinking on the door,the window is partially down, as if the door started the opening sequence by itself. The door will not open ,and it eventually resets after some time. I have taken it to my local dealer maybe 4 times , and they've said they repaired the problem each time, only for it to reoccur. Has anyone had this same problem? If yes ,please help. Should I take this isssue to another level, since my local dealer cant correct it ?
Don't you get it , the car trying to tell you that it don't like the freezing
wheather . For your on saftey and for cars best interest use your second
car until it gets warmer . 505 hp , 3132 pound freezing wheater don't belong
together .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts