Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
DANG! Strap in and hang on. Thats a Wolf in Sheeps clothing. Can't wait to see what she can do.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
On page 4 of that article is says:

Our target weight is just under 3,000 pounds, which will be difficult to achieve since the V-8 powertrain adds about 800 pounds. We used the old racer saying, "Worry about the ounces and the pounds will come." This bracket for the washer-fluid reservoir has been copiously drilled to cut its weight in half.

Difficult to achieve! The stock Solstice weighs "just under 3000 lbs" on page 2 or is a "2800 lbs roadster" on page 1. This target weight of under 3000 pounds seems like quite a challenge

It does show just how great the new Z is however. I really do like the styling of the Solstice, but the light weight of the Z really shows just how advanced the Z is. :partyon:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
The picture reminds me of the Sheby Cobras:thumbsup:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was just thinking that little car is not as light as you might think and it no way is as aerodynamic as a C6 Z. I would like to see the 7.0 in a Miata. That would be retarded.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wolverine said:
Solstice is nice, but I perfer the styling of the Sky........with 505hp, of course :laughing:
Me too! I think they are super cute......

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Thats pretty badass!
My Uncle was thinking about putting a LS7 in his Shelby Series 1 which weighs 2650lb. If he does it, that car will flat out fly :devil:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
34DDD said:
Me too! I think they are super cute......
When I bought my 2wd reg cab sport side S-10 for my daily driver my fiance said it was cute too. Maybe I should drop an LS7 in it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
(Here I go quoting myself ...)

rockettc said:
On page 4 of that article is says:

Our target weight is just under 3,000 pounds, which will be difficult to achieve since the V-8 powertrain adds about 800 pounds.
Makes you wonder why the Solstice is so heavy at 2800+ pounds. For example, what if you went the other direction and put the Solstice powertrain in a new Z? If the new Z weighs 3130 pounds or so. then a Solstice powered Z might weigh 2430 pounds. I know, the thought of a low hp 4 banger Z is revolting but I just wonder where all the weight is in a Solstice. I guess we'll find out if these guys achieve their weight goal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
rockettc said:
(Here I go quoting myself ...)

Makes you wonder why the Solstice is so heavy at 2800+ pounds. For example, what if you went the other direction and put the Solstice powertrain in a new Z? If the new Z weighs 3130 pounds or so. then a Solstice powered Z might weigh 2430 pounds. I know, the thought of a low hp 4 banger Z is revolting but I just wonder where all the weight is in a Solstice. I guess we'll find out if these guys achieve their weight goal.
Oops. I guess that could or would be 2330 pounds. I'm just dropping off to sleep two nights after my last submission and my brain says "hey, did you screw up the math on that Digital Corvettes entry you made two days ago?" I guess the error correction chip Digital Corvettes implanted in my brain is working.

I guess it could have been worse. I could have dreamed that Dave Hill was at the foot of my bed saying: "Not only are you never getting a vert Z06, you also did the math wrong!".:laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts