Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
They styling is great, the car has a distinct personality. I like that.

But... this car was not design (chassis, aerodynamics) to be a supercar like the C6 Z06.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would own it.

What about lbs.? is it still 2 tons of fun?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Perhaps it's just me...but when I see a Mustang, regardless of "special editions, etc, I envision a snot-nosed high school kid. (Just like I was when I owned a Mustang "Cobra " at 17...)

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Lets see Cold air intake and exhaust system... sounds like some thing a tuner would do not a manufacturer....

·
Registered
86 Posts
well, its looks impressive, but i have to give ford this, at least when they roll out a signature edition it gets a performance upgrade. a 3.73 axle would be great on a Z06, and i like the CAI as mod'd exhaust, most of us do that anyway. it will list at 50s, but barrett-jackson will get 1st one, they have a good relationship with carol shelby, they sold the 1st GT500 on there. after that, it will the Z33 markup look like child's play. i applaud the effort to beef up the peformance and not just add comestic mods like the RF. That is the true crime to me that GM comitted, have GM performance parts and center do their thing and make a 550HP Z06. added factory long tube headers, CAI, a 3.73 or 3.93, a 4.10 and retune the PCM and away you go, use a corsa cat or borla stinger (that GM resells anyway as a GM performance exhaust, with X-pipe) more aggressive TCM programming similar to the Z51. Thats a winner ! and oh yeah add the $1500 of cosmetic accessories too.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
351 Posts
It looks 'o.k'...appears to have some decent HP...but I'd rather spend my money on a Z any day of the week!..

But that's just me! :)

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
If you've seen one muffstain, you've seen them all.:D

Jr.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
well, its looks impressive, but i have to give ford this, at least when they roll out a signature edition it gets a performance upgrade. a 3.73 axle would be great on a Z06, and i like the CAI as mod'd exhaust, most of us do that anyway. it will list at 50s, but barrett-jackson will get 1st one, they have a good relationship with carol shelby, they sold the 1st GT500 on there. after that, it will the Z33 markup look like child's play. i applaud the effort to beef up the peformance and not just add comestic mods like the RF. That is the true crime to me that GM comitted, have GM performance parts and center do their thing and make a 550HP Z06. added factory long tube headers, CAI, a 3.73 or 3.93, a 4.10 and retune the PCM and away you go, use a corsa cat or borla stinger (that GM resells anyway as a GM performance exhaust, with X-pipe) more aggressive TCM programming similar to the Z51. Thats a winner ! and oh yeah add the $1500 of cosmetic accessories too.
:thumbsup:
I seriously doubt it'll start in the $50K range...being so limited and Ford knowing how much the dealers get in markups on the plain jane GT500, I'm sure they'll want to dip the honey pot a little more for this monstrosity. BTW,nice ride, I got Jeff to do my work too. Have you taken it to any dragstrips to see what it'll run? One of his cust. in a C6 vert turned a 11.4 with headers,tune,cai in VA. Crazy. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If I wanted a car that was borderline 2 tons (3920 lbs) I'd buy a sedan, at least I could haul people around comfortably. Great styling and unique in its own sense.

The only problem I've ever seen with Mustangs, especially Cobras, it's the insane wheel-hop and the lack of ability to make a turn.

Stop kicking up the horsepower, any tuner can throw on some minor bolt ons and a tune and put out some major power, lose the weight Ford!

Like others have said, unique but not Z06 territory except for a straight line.

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The only problem I've ever seen with Mustangs, especially Cobras, it's the insane wheel-hop and the lack of ability to make a turn.
That was a problem with the old indepedent rear suspension Cobras. The new GT500's have a solid rear axle so this should eliminate wheel hop.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I applaud Ford's attempt,especially that they include power upgrade with a special edition.At 1500 units,they will get extra bucks which is good
Maybe GM will eventually catch on to the fact that extra ponies for a special edition is a good idea:rolleyes:

About the mustang?....I don't like it.....I never liked Mustangs..:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
How much more are they going to milk from this man before he dies. Lighten the darn thing to make it a real race type car for the street, and then maybe it will be faster than a Supercharged Lotus Elise!
Its insignificant to the real fast crowd, it will just be a show car, pulled by a Chevy truck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
"it will run 0-60 in about 4 seconds-Z06 territory"....when a stock mustang runs 0-60 in 3.4 secs and the qtr mile 11.5 @ 127...talk to me

1 - 20 of 33 Posts